Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

car stereo pinout help

Options
  • 21-08-2006 11:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭

i was just wondering is the car stero pinouts standard for every car or does it differ for different models?

I have a 1996 vw polo and was trwling through google looking for the pinout for the stereo connector as i want to modify it.

I basically want to output the car stereos audio (l+r) through a lineout (3.5,mm earphone jack l+r) into a custom amp i am putting in the car.

Can anyone help?;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Im guessing the radio doesnt have a line out as standard?

Forget using the jack,most 2/4 channel amps come with a hi level input,you run the wires from this to the Front or rear speaker wires on the headunit which in turn sends the signal in the same way Rca cables would.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

eireal wrote:
    Im guessing the radio doesnt have a line out as standard?

Forget using the jack,most 2/4 channel amps come with a hi level input,you run the wires from this to the Front or rear speaker wires on the headunit which in turn sends the signal in the same way Rca cables would.

this amp doesnt
    it takes 3.5mm inputs
    so i need to output the car stereo to it a different way, directly wiring it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Is that a guitar amp or something your trying to wire up?Dont think ive ever seen specific incar amps with jack inputs!

Ive got these colours listed for a 01 golf

Left Front (+) Blue/Black
    Left Front (-) Orange/Black
    Right Front (+) Red/White
    Right Front (-) Orange/White

Left Rear (+) Red/Light Green
    Left Rear (-) Orange/Black
    Right Rear (+) Blue/Light Green
    Right Rear (-) Orange/Red

They may be well different on your car but you'l know by looking at the rear of the iso block

eireal wrote:
    Is that a guitar amp or something your trying to wire up?Dont think ive ever seen specific incar amps with jack inputs!

Ive got these colours listed for a 01 golf

Left Front (+) Blue/Black
    Left Front (-) Orange/Black
    Right Front (+) Red/White
    Right Front (-) Orange/White

Left Rear (+) Red/Light Green
    Left Rear (-) Orange/Black
    Right Rear (+) Blue/Light Green
    Right Rear (-) Orange/Red

They may be well different on your car but you'l know by looking at the rear of the iso block

thanks id say mine are the same

it isnt a guitar amp, but it isnt a car amp either :)
    im doing a cheapo job :p

so basically all id have to do is take the right front and left front and wire them up to a 3.5mm plug?

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 13,430 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

ah sure ud just b better off sticking headphones in your ear!! :D It does sound like a guitar amp or something like that! What sort of "contraption" are you using?!

• Advertisement

antodeco wrote:
    ah sure ud just b better off sticking headphones in your ear!! :D It does sound like a guitar amp or something like that! What sort of "contraption" are you using?!

its a 7.1 pc amp :D

Advertisement