Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurants in Naas?

Options
  • 21-08-2006 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Myself and the woman are heading to Naas this weekend so could anyone recommend a nice restaurant for us to dine in?

We've been to Pasta Fresca a few times and are sick of it. We're not into Indian food either which admitedly doesn't leave many options around Naas.:D

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Kobayashi

You've just opened my eyes to the fact that I seem to spend my time in the Indian/ Thai restaurants and nothing else! Haven't been in it but I'm told the restaurant above Kavanaghs, although pricey, is good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 TJ1904

Les Olives, the restaurant above Kavanaghs, is alrite but well overprized. If you dont want to go to Pasta Fresca, maybe you should try The Storehouse.

But how come your sick of Pasta Fresca? They have so many different things. Try the steaks, they are very good in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Try the Storehouse (or Stonehouse) - its pretty good but you would need to book. Also the Maudlins hotel near the exit onto the Dublin road has a really nice restaurant but its a little more expensive and a bit out of town

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭Lockster

The Storehouse is lovely, but a little pricey, but its also a lovely building to eat in. If you're looking for something a little cheaper then Butt Mullins isn't bad.

You say you don't like Indian, but how about Thai? Both the Lemongrass and Weeping Thiager are good, although the last few times I was in the Lemongrass I felt a little bit rushed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Spupotter

Berneys in Kilcullen is the best restaurant in Kildare by a long shot - standard fare, simple but well cooked in lovely setting with good bar just outside. Not too expensive. Staff are from the Red House. I have been in most restaurants in Kildare and the only one I might put over this is Rathsallagh (v pricey but best food anywhere!!!) and maybe Hangedmans in Milltown (bit hit and miss). Berneys also does very reasonable and tasty Sunday special which caters for kids

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭rondeco

Spupotter wrote:
    Berneys in Kilcullen is the best restaurant in Kildare by a long shot - standard fare, simple but well cooked in lovely setting with good bar just outside. Not too expensive. Staff are from the Red House. I have been in most restaurants in Kildare and the only one I might put over this is Rathsallagh (v pricey but best food anywhere!!!)

Correct, Correct, Correct.

Berneys is magic that is affordable.

Rathsallagh is heaven. Not toooooo pricey when you get a 6 course meal for €65 and you consider the quality and the ambience of the restaurant.

Advertisement