Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assaulted by bouncer, what course of action should I take

Options
  • 21-08-2006 10:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,390 ✭✭✭

To cut a long story short, I was assaulted by a bouncer in a Dublin club on Friday night. I was not abusive or threatenin, I simply asked him for his name as he had ejected my friend from the night-club unfairly. I had intended complaining to the manager in the morning. As he wouldn't give me his name, I took a photo of him instead, at which point he grabbed me by the head and flung me out the door into a bush. My question is what should I do now? I suffered no injury but feel very strongly that what he did was wrong. I'm not really looking for compensation but would like to see him punished. I have reported it to the guardai and am making a statement later on today but am not sure what the procedure is...can anybody advise?
    Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭chump

The Gardai should investigate, it's their duty - although they will be annoyed at doing it, as they'll think you're just a timewaster.

They will also ask you about witnesses etc., and ask why you didn't call them immediately etc. etc.

No harm in going ahead with it anyway, even though it will likely lead nowhere - as the bouncer will get a fair auld shock when the Gardai do find him and let him know that charges are being pressed...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,390 ✭✭✭fletch

chump wrote:
    The Gardai should investigate, it's their duty - although they will be annoyed at doing it, as they'll think you're just a timewaster.

They will also ask you about witnesses etc., and ask why you didn't call them immediately etc. etc.

No harm in going ahead with it anyway, even though it will likely lead nowhere - as the bouncer will get a fair auld shock when the Gardai do find him and let him know that charges are being pressed...
    Great thats kinda what I wanted to hear....
    Oh I did call the guards immediately, they arrived but said that they could not take a statement from me because I had consumed alcohol and said they would call me the next day (which they didn't) so I knocked down to the station but the guard was out on a job so he said to call back during the week.

• Administrators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,714 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭hullaballoo

Please read the forum charter and stickies. It is not allowed to ask for or give legal advice in this forum.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement