Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New to Paganism

Options
  • 21-08-2006 4:08am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭

SO i used to be Christian but found i did nto believ in anything i was supposed to so i discovered paganism and believe all of it and was just wondering how do pagans prey?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭scorplett

pretty much the same way anyone elso of any other faith would

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

Prey...? Freudian slip?

Prayer is all about intention and concentrated thought, like anyone anywhere, they can pray any way a pagan one like. I recommened you read some of the stickies in the charters in teh top of the forums before proclaiming you "believe all of it".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 seren

Never have. Never felt the need to. I personally feel that what is, is and no amount of vocal reverence will change how the Gods are disposed towards me. However if you feel you want to make a statement directed towards the Universe, participate in one of the Sabbats either with a group or by doing something you cooked up yourself. Doesnt matter how large or small, as with everything, its the thought that counts. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭scorplett

Welcome seren,

I find prayer to be an essential part of my relationship with deity. Prayer is not about beseeching the gods for their favour but is more to do with daily conversation.
    My Prayer to deity is often as simple as saying hello and good morning when I wake up. It is not about gaining favour but about respect and devotion.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

A "prayer" that is well known to heathen's is taken from the ancient Lay of Sigdrifa. A poem from the Elder Edda in which a Valkyrie reveals charms to the hero who rescues her.

Hail Day, Hail, Sons of Day!
    Hail Night and New Moon!
    With kind eyes look hither and grant us
    Victory while we live.

Hail Gods! Hail Goddesses!
    Hail bountiful Earth!
    Grace us both with the gift of speech
    And healing hands while we live.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Mick86

I came across a protection prayer online once but forgot to bookmark it. It had a line that went something like "If I should stray in the path of the wolf". Anybody recognise it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Pope Benny.

Its not too late people. Forsake these Pagans ways and follow me to the land of the Christianity Forum. Amen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 seren

Why is it, no matter how many pagan forums I find there is always at least one person attempting to convert me to Christianity? I have absolutely no problems with Christianity per se but I do object to the "you're wrong and we are right" mentality! In my opinion if you want to shout about how great Christianity is, then post on the "Woo Hoo! Christianity rocks!" forum (if there is such a thing.) If you want to talk about Paganism- come here.
    Just curious, have Pagans out there attempted to post messages on conversion on a Christianity thread? I wouldnt do it but I am curious as whether or not anyone has ever tried?

Sorry if the above post was meant as some form of joke that I obviously missed the point of. Ok, rant over.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Seren I just that you learn to use the report post button report.gif
    Yes that post breaks the charter for this forum and indeed for the site, I would not be surpirsed if that accoutn dends up site banned.

Converting or atempts to do so are against the site rules.

Personally I would see that post as midguided and honestly I would feeel more pity for the person if it was in earnest rather then a bad joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 982 ✭✭✭Mick86

seren wrote:
    Sorry if the above post was meant as some form of joke that I obviously missed the point of. Ok, rant over.

Yes it's his idea of a joke.

• Advertisement
Advertisement