Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anything worth playing in tonight?

Options
  • 20-08-2006 5:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭

Normally stay in sunday but might venture out if any decent tourneys on (which i can crash out early from and be home by 10).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

The value tournament of the night was undoubtedly Vera Ds birthday tourney in the sporting emporium. Just udner 100 runners and a prize pool of 7k after 250 €20 rebuys and 2k generously added by Vera's husband.

I played great for 6 and a half hours, then made the worst laydown of my life (would have been chip leader) and then decided to get jiggy with 88 to go out on the bubble. Sigh. 2.5k for 1st. Sigh.

Highlight of the night was gambling it up in the rebuy period as I always do and quadrupling up when my 95o flopped a house after requesting it from the dealer.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Vera seems to be a bit of a celebrity on the live Dublin circuit, she seems to know everybody and everybody knows her. I know her because ive played with her a couple of times, she's good craic and always good for a bit of banter at the tables. Who is she though?.

Once again Chief Brody was at it. Made the final table with a good stack. His highlight of the night.

He called an all-in for 75% of his stack with A5s on a 23J flop, one of his suit. The turn of course was a 4. The guy who had pushed had JQo and looke don in horror when the 4 came. I then said to the Chief that he had some luck.

He says: "You think that's luck? That's not luck. That's how you play poker. That's great poker. You just didn't see how many outs I had"

I chuckled to myself. He then says: "You don't believe me? Read about me on the internet. They all talk about me there. They all know me. I'm a great player."

:p

I love that guy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭El Stuntman

ianmc38 wrote:
    He says: "You think that's luck? That's not luck. That's how you play poker. That's great poker. You just didn't see how many outs I had"

I chuckled to myself. He then says: "You don't believe me? Read about me on the internet. They all talk about me there. They all know me. I'm a great player."

I love that guy.

is this true?? has the Chief developed Kim-il Jong syndrome??? is he completely nutso?????

or is he in fact the greatest poker player in Dublin? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

is this true?? has the Chief developed Kim-il Jong syndrome??? is he completely nutso?????

or is he in fact the greatest poker player in Dublin? :confused:

Chief brody was playing the VN monthly game earlier that day so his 50 outs must have missed in that game!. He gets around!.

• Advertisement

the salmon jumper was also sighted in the Friday scalps game...

maybe he has cloned himself and plays all the Dublin tournies simultaneously - hence his apparently amazing strike rate?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Poker Anto

ianmc38 wrote:
    Once again Chief Brody was at it. Made the final table with a good stack. His highlight of the night.

He called an all-in for 75% of his stack with A5s on a 23J flop, one of his suit. The turn of course was a 4. The guy who had pushed had JQo and looke don in horror when the 4 came. I then said to the Chief that he had some luck.

I love that guy.

I had so many outs you just couldn't see it.Any ace,any fower,running diamonds or running fives. I had so many outs you just couldn't see it.I was gettin de righ odds.You need balls to put your chips in situations like dat.Thats how you play poker.

inevitable really

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Poker Anto

Anyway meself and some youngfella did a deal for 2 grand each when we got it headsup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭eggie

Played the 7pm tourney in there, crashed in 6th or 7th ( only 5 paid).

Unluky on the bubble Ian - nice prize money for that, although prob lasted all night.

Us amateurs gotta work Monday so I didnt play the rebuy.

Was Chief Brody wearing a new york cap and sunglasses?

• Advertisement

eggie wrote:
    Was Chief Brody wearing a new york cap and sunglasses?

That's the funniest thing I've read today

The Chief don't accessorize!!

yeah prize pool was savage.

i'm quite embarassed to even recount the hand that would have given me the chip lead in the tournament. Blinds were 2k/4k. After 3 limpers, I limped with KQs in the cutoff. SB completes.

Flop JQK, 2 diamonds. SB aka Rocky McRockerson from Rocksville Rocktown open pushes for 45k. He just has me covered.

When its folded to me, I dwell for an age trying to put him on a hand. JJ/QQ/KK/AA are all definite nos. TT, he pushed two orbits before hand, so again no.

KJ and JQ are very possible. Pair and a flush draw are possible. he likes to check-raise with monsters, so I ruled out AT. Eventually I put him on 9T and folded and he shows JQo, no diamonds. Sickest laydown i've ever made and it cost me 2gs. Ah well. We live and learn.#

Eggie sunglasses and cap is Colin, a regular s/e player. Chief was wearing his traditional salmon jumper.

Something like:

chiefse4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 880 ✭✭✭eggie

wasnt a bad lay down imo, thinking he would have raised pre flop with JJ - AA, so taking that into consideration and the size of the bet i would defo say he has either dog**** (very unlikely) or hit a nice flop - min 2 pair, set or straight, nut flush draw.

tough decision either way, depends on your propensity for gambling.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

Chief brody was playing the VN monthly game earlier that day so his 50 outs must have missed in that game!. He gets around!.

He also made the final table at VN. Think he got knock out about 7th, but he won a few massive pots and could have gone onto win it. He was in a mad rush to leave didnt leave till well after 9 so I dont know how he did it in the SE also.

We also discuss the boards conversation....lol

Maybe he's starting to get a ego......lol

Very funny guy and really great guy to have at your table as you'll always get action.

Advertisement