Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carpet problem

Options
  • 18-08-2006 6:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭

Ok, im going down to the carpet place tomorrow but i want to see if anyone thinks i have a valid complaint or not:

I bought carpet about 9 months ago, its this kind of woven effect is the only way i can think to describe it, its not 'smooth' if u catch my drift. Anyway, everywhere u walk to regularly (ie like at the sides of the skirting is fine, u dont walk against the wall, or the sides of each step of the stairs is fine) is all ruffled and its like big balls of fluff that wont even hoover up - for the record its the carpet and not dirt). The only way to get rid of them would be to pick them all off (take an age).

So am i wasting my time going down to complain? To me, this carpet isnt fit for purpose, surely i should get longer than this out of carpet?? Should i bring pics on my camera??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

get a carpet brush, its like a clothes brush, what you have is mammoth lint.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I think that's a sign of a good quality carpert actually.. it will do that for a good while but should be fine after a year and it will last you a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

it is a sign of a good woven carpet.

my dad sells carpets for a living and after saying this to him he is coming up with the same analogy as jaggeh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,193 ✭✭✭mel123

Cremo can you ask your Dad what i can do, will a carpet brush help?? Its just it looks minging!!
    Thanks guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

OP can u upload a pic?
    it might help the others

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,558 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

mel123 wrote:
    Cremo can you ask your Dad what i can do, will a carpet brush help?? Its just it looks minging!!
    Thanks guys

he's says that the person who fits carpets for him reccommended using an electric razor to cut the balls off the carpet and then to hover them up.

i don't know now if you'd like to try that or not...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭jaggeh

Cremo wrote:
    reccommended using an electric razor to cut the balls off

quoted out of context for humor value

Advertisement