Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank of Scotland Current Account

Options
  • 18-08-2006 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Anyone got any feedback on the personal banking side of Bank of Scotland? Getting fixed rate mortgage with them but would also like to open a current account for paying bills etc. They're website gives out no information unless your looking for a loan...
    They have a personal banking section but it only covers personal loans.
    I want to know if they're offering the free banking? Any problems with them etc. They open sat mornings which is a mega plus....and seem to be opening branches nationwide..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

mcgrate wrote:
    They open sat mornings which is a mega plus....

AFAIK for aib and boi the sat morning does not include teller service such as FX etc. As the IBOA run the show......

Anyway why would u need to go to a branch ever once the paperwork is done, and especially on a Sat morning: this is not a smart question, just wondering why

• Legal Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 5,400 Mod ✭✭✭✭Maximilian

BOSI are not a clearing bank, so can't offer current accounts at the moment, as far as I know. I would expect that to change as their branches start to open around the country. If you get a loan with BOSI, your loan cheque will actually be a Bank of Ireland cheque I think.

Advertisement