Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

My wife curbed one alloy wheel

Options
  • 18-08-2006 1:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭

I am now thinking putting the wife on the new car insurance was a bad idea. Only 10 weeks old and last night came home with 3 deep marks in the left front alloy.

Can anyone recommend a place that well repair one wheel as soon as possible as my pride and joy is scared?

I hear Halfords have a kit for about 50 euro for repairing them is that any good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

You could have done it just as easy as here though... how is she at driving usually? Is she confident or does she panic? Pray for the first one... at least the most she will do is mark a few alloys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭philtaylor

No shes quite good usually , it just that its a brand new car and I dont even park it beside a L driver in case they scrape it by accident .

No she has her own car and my car was in the driveway blockin hers last night and she thought as she only going to the shops down the road she would take her first spin in the new car without me I would add and the first thing she does is mis judge the turning circle or something I dont know and bang 3 nice tents in the wheel. Anyway thats her excuse.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

So where did you bury the body?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

philtaylor wrote:
    No shes quite good usually , it just that its a brand new car and I dont even park it beside a L driver in case they scrape it by accident .

I've heard it all now. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Time for a new wife! Make sure the next one is older than 10 weeks- that's very young to be out driving at night;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

how is the tyre, which is a more serious issue.
    also check that the seal on the rim is not suspect as I presume it is a tubeless setup.

also depending on how hard the belt was u should get the tracking re-done

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Its diy fixable,but how competent are you?if the damage is quite bad chances are it'd be cheaper to buy a whole new wheel

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭regedit

philtaylor wrote:
    I am now thinking putting the wife on the new car insurance was a bad idea. Only 10 weeks old and last night came home with 3 deep marks in the left front alloy.

Can anyone recommend a place that well repair one wheel as soon as possible as my pride and joy is scared?

I hear Halfords have a kit for about 50 euro for repairing them is that any good?

TRy these guys!
    I do not know anything about them but they advertise that they repair the type of problem you have.
    Dialadent

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I wont comment as it seems I've got a reputation. :(

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,324 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

mike65 wrote:
    I wont comment as it seems I've got a reputation. :(

Mike.

Nah the poster is cleary thinking of someone else, you don't drive a Merc ;):D

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,856 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Longfield wrote:
    Nah the poster is cleary thinking of someone else, you don't drive a Merc ;):D

And anyway it was a baby one, not a big one ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Quite so. Insulted twice and wrongly both times! Boo! :(;)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

There was a guy here a while back looking for an alloy wheel for his garage to keep his hose wound on. If it was me I'd send the wife over to as a hose reel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

Noel 087 2071047.. will do a fantastic job.

Auto Smart Systems..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭philtaylor

cheers for the help , i'll get sorted on monday because everytime I look at it is driving me crazy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Throw up a pic of this wheel till we see what all the fuss is, and tell your wife to stay off the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,329 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Bluetonic wrote:
    I've heard it all now. :rolleyes:

Seeing as my sister in law learning to drive couldn't manage to get her car out of an underground parking space without tearing the whole side on a pillar, I'd easily agree with the poster...

Guess you haven't heard it all after all.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,896 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Next time I park, I'm taking off my L-signs to lure other drivers into a false sense of security. Muhahahaha.

Advertisement