Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weekend football 18/08/06

Options
  • 18-08-2006 12:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭

Treble:
    Spurs(8/5)Premplus saturday
    Coventry(evens)-skysports 2 on firday
    Liverpool(8/15)- sky sports 1 saturday 12:30

Just a smidge under 8/1

Singles:
    Hull +0&+0.5 @ 2.06
    Cardiff +0&+0.5 @ 2.27
    Scunthorpe +0&+0.5 @ 2.17

12/1 for Henry to score a hat-trick.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

I'd be hesitant to include Liverpool in my selections this weekend as Sheff Utd are new to the league and God know's how they'll play on there Premiership debut.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭westtip

I'd be hesitant to include Liverpool in my selections this weekend as Sheff Utd are new to the league and God know's how they'll play on there Premiership debut.
    True, but if Liverpool can't win these kind of games they can't challenge for the top spot, mind you remember Wigan last year, I seem to remember them holding Chelski to a 1-1 draw first day of the season??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

no, close enough but they lost 1-0 to a 90th minute hernan crespo winner.

I think Liverpool are a much better away team now. With the players they have they should be much better on the counter. I will probaly go for a small stakes bet on the 0-2 correct score.

Sheffield United (from): Kenny, Kozluk, Bromby, Morgan, Sommeil, Unsworth, Jagielka, Tonge, Montgomery, Li Tie, Leigertwood, Ifill, Hulse, Webber, Akinbiyi, Shipperley, Geary, Quinn, Nade, Annerson.

Liverpool (from): Reina, Finnan, Hyypia, Carragher, Riise, Gerrard, Alonso, Sissoko, Pennant, Bellamy, Crouch, Dudek, Kromkamp, Aurelio, Paletta, Gonzalez, Agger, Fowler, Luis Garcia, Zenden.

The 2 squads.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,184 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

Peterborough V Macclesfield @4/7: Solid start for Peterboro with 7 points from 9 so far. Macclesfield have opened up with a draw and two defeats. Last season Boro done the double on the Macs(Pighead could be making up nicknames here!) and beat them 4-0 away. Macclesfields skipper is rated extremely doubtful and Pigheads gonna go for Peterboro for the win.

Cowdenbeath V Brechin @ 4/6: Cowdenbeath have played 4 games this season The results have been as follows.
    Ayr 0 Beath 4
    Beath 4 E Stirling 1
    Beath 6 Alloa 1
    Beath 4 Stirling Albion 0
    Brechin lost to stirling at home and have had a poor start to the league and I'm taking the Blue Brazil of Cowdenbeath

Reading V Middlesboro @ 9/5 : Southgates first competitive match in charge and Pighead reackons it'll be a winning one. Thought the price here would be 11/8 or 6/4. Can't belive its almost 2/1! Its hard to say how good Reading actually are but with boro more or less at full strength I'll take them.

6.33/1

So thats this weeks bet and hopefully its a good un.
    Good Luck To All

down at the first hurdle. Coventry drew tonight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Cremated

Treble:

Just a smidge under 8/1

Singles:
    Hull +0&+0.5 @ 2.06
    Cardiff +0&+0.5 @ 2.27
    Scunthorpe +0&+0.5 @ 2.17

As an Aston Villa fan a Henry hat trick is just embarrasing, hopefully not another 5-0

but my bet for this weekend is

Gretna 4/11
    Cowdenbeath 8/13
    West Brom 4/9
    Birmingham 5/6
    Sunderland 11/8

5 euro returns 69.78...

Treble:

Just a smidge under 8/1
    lost 5 euro

Singles:
    Hull +0&+0.5 @ 2.06 won 2.12
    Cardiff +0&+0.5 @ 2.27 won 9.08
    Scunthorpe +0&+0.5 @ 2.17 lost 4 euro

Lost 5 euro

Bad weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Just back from London. Knew this wouldn't end in a liverpool win. Hope my luck carries onto next week.

Advertisement