Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Am I Convicted

Options
  • 18-08-2006 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭

I was in court a few years ago, Had to pay a fine, but am I convicted.

I have no endosment.

If your convicted do you have to get an endosment?

Changing from Bike to car, wondering do I need to tell them.

The charge was having no exhuast in a public place.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,964 ✭✭✭✭Wishbone Ash

I presume you mean "do I have a conviction?". Yes, you do if you have been fined. Relatively minor offence. You are obliged to inform them if you are asked! (Section 115 RTA 1961)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭ircoha

look at the quetion on the form, as there is ususally a 3/5 year drop off.

Also, no exhaust is not the sort of stuff they are after, so if you feel you have to tell them I would make it clear what it was about because if u just tick the box yes, they will feed it into the computer as a RTO, road traffic offence

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It depends on why you were in court.

A fine for speeding is not a conviction, provided that you weren't ordered to carry endorsements or lost your licence.
    A fine for driving without insurance is a conviction.
    There are only a handful of laws for which you can be fined/punished but which are not legally termed as convictions.
    I'm of the assumption that what you were done for is a conviction - what was the exact charge?

Advertisement