Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Saab 9-5 turbo

Options
  • 18-08-2006 11:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

Thinking of checking out a Saab 9-5 2.0 L Turbo tomorrow. Any thoughts/recommendations/warnings?Have never driven a Saab but I hear they're a good all rounder.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Very comfortable car, but I hope you have a very generous fuel allowance!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

Cheers. The way I look at it is that fuel is expensive anyway so why not!!! Might as well

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Personally I wouldn't touch one of these. Bro had one from new and it cost the sucker £thousands - turbo went, suspension went, engine pissed oil continuously and it handled terribly. He was so concerned about the dangerous handling he finally got rid of the car. They might look nice and snazzy and be comfortable and all that jazz but they are basically GM sh1te (vectra) tarted up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 291 ✭✭Paul (MN)

watch for the digital dash foing... 1k to fix.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

Oh yeah, servicing is VERY expensive too... forgot about that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

Well I suppose, it's luck of the draw with any car but I'll see how the test drive goes. Everycar can be a nightmare or a dream. Audi A4 is still on the cards if I see a nice one too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭gstonesmx5

no question i liked it
    nice to drive looks good, fuel and serice are all expensive now so feck it.
    make sure you use everything elec in the car and keep a lookout for any smoke if you nail it somewhere.

Advertisement