Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old warning signs

Options
  • 17-08-2006 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,300 ✭✭✭

We're all familiar with the diamond shaped black on yellow warning signs in this country. But prior to the introduction of these signs rectangular shaped signs were used as shown in the 1926 Road Sign Regulations
    v14p1290Signs.gif

I have spotted about 3 or these signs still in place around the country. The ones I have seen just have the pictorial part but not the text part.

Has anyone else spotted any of these? Probably a good idea not to give specific locations in case the signs get robbed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,082 ✭✭✭Chris_533976

hehe the school looks like its to do with the olympics or something

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

I have seen quite a few of the triangles still around, now painted yellow with the yellow diamond underneath. Annacurragh cross in Co. Wicklow is a good example of this.

Advertisement