Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Movies this Halloween

Options
  • 17-08-2006 12:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭

Fair enough, it's a bit away yet, but what's on the Horizon to be released between now and Halloween? What I know of - that is, impending releases -are Saw III, The Grudge 2, Isolation, Severance....anything else hitting our screens in the coming week/months?

Love a good outright horror film, haven't seen any decent ones in awhile, in fact, the last movie I saw that strayed into the genre of horror was probably "Slither"...

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 5,042 Mod ✭✭✭✭spooky donkey

None that I know of but thats not a bad list ya have there. I only knew about those sequals.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭steve22

wouldnt it be great if cinemas brought back the old classics for Halloween each year? dont get me wrong, i like the new horror movies but nothing beats HalloweeN or Friday the 13th...things like that. is there any cinema out there than shows these movies around Halloween?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

I'm looking forward to Severence, though I've seen one review that said it was so-so. Pitty Rob Zombie's Halloween won't make it in time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jason vii

to Steve 22, there is a horror festival held in temple bar around halloween every year, this'll be no. 8, in the irish film institute ( formerly irish film centre ). it 's generally held around the october bank holiday , so obviously sometimes it has fallen directly on Halloween and sometimes missed it by a couple of days. its called HORRORTHON and is run by a group of lads who got together to form a horror club. the main organisers are Ed King and Michael Griffin, you should be able to check out the past festivals and website at horrorthon.com As far as i know, no. 9 is on the way this year, roughly on around the 27th to the 30th of October !! there does be brand new films, some classics from the past , a surprise film, ( normally a brand new film not to be shown in ireland at all or at a later date with a limited release ) a b movie or exploitation movie from the 70's , early 80's and a documentary around the making or impact of horror movies. it starts with a film on a friday , then roughly 6 or so films a day for the Sat, Sun and Monday of the bank holiday weekend. there does be spot prizes of dvds given out over the weekend. all in all, an enjoyable weekend for horror fans !!!!!!!! regards

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

I was thinking of booking the Denzil threatre for a Holloween filmfest, they are a 30 seater with a bar and will show any films you bring.

• Advertisement
Advertisement