Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Some advice

Options
  • 17-08-2006 11:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

For the last while I've been hunting for a car, a Mitsubishi Colt to be precise.. As I've looked and looked there just doesn't seem to be that many in great shape in my budget (up to 5K). So I was wondering what other choices might be out there that might be similar to the colt?

I've no interest in a Hondo civic though... :p

Any thoughts?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Well civic was the first thing that came into my mind!

Maybe a focus or a golf?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Can you get 1.3 or so Golfs?

[edit] I see now you can.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

No civic??

I wasn't a civic man until I saw my current car - 99 3dr h/back with 80k miles for €3500! It's clean as a whistle inside and out.. cannot believe what a good deal I got.

I had the same budget as you and was looking around at golfs/focus' (foci??) but I could really find anything to suit.. especially something with as good a reputation as the Honda engine. But that's me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

You're mad to rule out a Civic for that money.

Have you tried looking for a Mitsubishi Mirage, the Jap import Colt? Should pick one up cheap enough and usually in good condition for that money.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

My thing against Civics is that I heard insurance is ridiclously higher on them than other cars of similar engine size. And I also heard they are the most unsecure car and very easily robbed?

• Advertisement
Advertisement