Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tonites (tm) SE trash talk

Options
  • 16-08-2006 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭

I can't really think of anything demeaning to say right now apart from childish name calling of Half-Baked and Ian but I'm sure I'll have something good to say by 9pm.

So what dead money is attending tonight?? Ionapaul (or will he be chasing some leaving cert skirt :eek: :eek: ?!?), rounders trying to take the Rocky McRock title, or the young contender that is Washout??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 244 ✭✭Poker & Pints

Someone Offer To Buy Me A Beer Please! The only way I can make it a fair game is to play intoxicated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

ollyk1 wrote:
    I can't really think of anything demeaning to say right now apart from childish name calling of Half-Baked and Ian but I'm sure I'll have something good to say by 9pm.

So what dead money is attending tonight?? Ionapaul (or will he be chasing some leaving cert skirt :eek: :eek: ?!?), rounders trying to take the Rocky McRock title, or the young contender that is Washout??

im 29 but young in the world of live poker if thats what you mean...and yes i shall be there.

my prop bet is any boardster to knock out olly gets 20 squids

John

I'll throw in 20 shrimp to anyone who takes out either washout or olly.

Small shrimp, none of those jumbo ones.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭HalfBaked

I wasn't going to head in, but the chance to knock out Olly and get 30 (scalp included) bongos for my troubles...sure how could anyone possibly pass that up.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

ollyk1 wrote:

Im playing live twice this week(Thurs&Sun). Theres only so much i can contribute to the live prizepool fund:D !. I'll be at this game next wednesday though, by which time your hot streak will surely have abated signalled by the re-emergence of 'Chief Brody's' salmon coloured jumpers perhaps!.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

images.jpg

Oh yeah!

I'm sorry Joe but I'll be arriving at my customary 9.05ish time tonight so I'll have to pass on the pre-game boozing, with all that dead money floating around I gotta keep my head clear! :p

See you later suckers! And Rounders you got lucky this time Punk!! :D

I'll throw in 20 shrimp to anyone who takes out either washout or olly.

Small shrimp, none of those jumbo ones.

Jebus it's beginning to look like value to take myself out. Is this just cos you guys are scared??? ;):p

Not of your play....I'm just terrified of the thought of potentially having to look at that mug across the table all night....Hope the "you know who" is gonna be across the table again.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

Olly how much is it, what time is it, how many is it and no, thats all....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Des its 50+5reg+10scalp and 1 rebuy or topup for 40. Usually 40ish runners. Starts at 8:30 officially but usually more like 8:45.

• Advertisement

Washout wrote:
    im 29 but young in the world of live poker if thats what you mean...and yes i shall be there.

my prop bet is any boardster to knock out olly gets 20 squids

John

Pay Ian the money He dogged my 73 sooted blind all-in with a blind call from the BB with 99. I hit a pair and a flush draw on the flop versus a set!!! and my dream of 5 itm finishes dies in ~14th place when I finish up with two pair but no flush. WP Ian I hope you go on and win it now.

Edit:

Gholi and P&P (the AA monster!!) were still left in when I left

Did a 4 way deal in this at 3:20am.

I had 140k chips outta 400k or so in play.

900 + a ticket and 650 for the other 3. Was happy to get home though I was pretty sure i could take it down but it could have played til 6am.

Who is poker + pints? I dont think I met him. Johns 20 bounty made Ollys ten euro scalp that much sweeter!

i paid up....it was worth it.

this is definetly a boardsters tournie. what is it 5-6 boards wins in a row in this tourney?

I was at a table of the worst two/three poker players Ive played against in my life...calling raises with 74s 92s. and hitting.

i finally discovered who poker and pints is altough he isnt the guy i originally thought was him.

i donked away 200 on a cash table....i thought online was meant to be looser than live....no pf raises respected no post flop raises respected. my AKs on the button was no match for K4o with KQ4. I think ill avoid cash games in the SE for life.

well played though ian...looks like your back to form.

ianmc38 wrote:
    Did a 4 way deal in this at 3:20am.

I had 140k chips outta 400k or so in play.

900 + a ticket and 650 for the other 3. Was happy to get home though I was pretty sure i could take it down but it could have played til 6am.

Who is poker + pints? I dont think I met him. Johns 20 bounty made Ollys ten euro scalp that much sweeter!

I'm the one you dogged with your straight draw at the final table. Good job on the nite!

nice to meet you last night P+P...some good times at our table last night. good times indeed

Washout wrote:
    nice to meet you last night P+P...some good times at our table last night. good times indeed

Likewise...a pleasure!

I can write a novel about that table...I may still do it. I have NEVER seen a table like we had last nite! It was not just bad card playing, it was bad betting, bad decision making, bad everything...

Likewise...a pleasure!

I can write a novel about that table...I may still do it. I have NEVER seen a table like we had last nite! It was not just bad card playing, it was bad betting, bad decision making, bad everything...

i defintley caught the bug alright by pushing into an all heart flop with TPTK.

I'm the one you dogged with your straight draw at the final table. Good job on the nite!

Ah I suspected it may have been you. I was a 3% dog in the hand. WP, I had to make a move before you started steamrollering the table.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭empirix

Washout wrote:
    i paid up....it was worth it.

this is definetly a boardsters tournie. what is it 5-6 boards wins in a row in this tourney?

I was at a table of the worst two/three poker players Ive played against in my life...calling raises with 74s 92s. and hitting.

i finally discovered who poker and pints is altough he isnt the guy i originally thought was him.

i donked away 200 on a cash table....i thought online was meant to be looser than live....no pf raises respected no post flop raises respected. my AKs on the button was no match for K4o with KQ4. I think ill avoid cash games in the SE for life.

well played though ian...looks like your back to form.

Regarding the cash games - you don't know the half of it, this is the norm(from what i've seen), you gotta raise big to cut this crap out in there

empirix wrote:
    Regarding the cash games - you don't know the half of it, this is the norm(from what i've seen), you gotta raise big to cut this crap out in there

I did :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Washout wrote:

Lol. No online cash game is looser than the S/E tables. Looser than a floozys axe wound if I may use a gruesome analogy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Chief Brody

ianmc38 wrote:
    Lol. No online cash game is looser than the S/E tables. Looser than a floozys axe wound if I may use a gruesome analogy.

that's rather rude

ianmc38 wrote:
    Ah I suspected it may have been you. I was a 3% dog in the hand. WP, I had to make a move before you started steamrollering the table.

I understand...NP..I personally don't like the play into the big stack(which I was at the time)....I made a huge raise...You are 3% as it worked out, but imagine a set(which could have been likely) or top pair with flush draw(again likely) or even QJ spades(you didnt have the spades)....your playing to drawout against the only stack at the table that could severly cripple you.

Now in my defense, I kinda got screwed that deal....Jack called out only 15k more to call and I had raised 25K, so it was an easy call at that point...when that occurred you stated quite loudly that you were in "trouble" and said that you were not happy with the call. My mindset was that I was way ahead, then the whole fiasco with it the count of chip>>>Jack recounts and now tells me that it is actually 60K and 41.5K more to me...I didn't step back and rethink, I still had your comments in my head...so I promptly called. I don't really know if I would have laid down had thad occurred, but maybe, I would have still had 70+K.....It was a weird kinda scenario.

Of well, I was happy with my play the whole night, I was never behind when my chips went into the big pots, NOT ONCE! I let a couple of suckouts happened due to some timid play, One so so No CALL, but I made some big laydowns(wouldbe set of 55 preflop lay down, river gave raiser QQQ and would have busted me).

Still a good night, and I only got angry once...had 1010 cracked by 74 and 78.

Again GJ...until next time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭HalfBaked

ollyk1 wrote:
    Pay Ian the money He dogged my 73 sooted blind all-in with a blind call from the BB with 99. I hit a pair and a flush draw on the flop versus a set!!! and my dream of 5 itm finishes dies in ~14th place when I finish up with two pair but no flush. WP Ian I hope you go on and win it now.

Blind:rolleyes: .....last three times I have seen him do this he's had AK, KK & AK. Only 99 this time, he's getting loose with the blind calls :eek:

HalfBaked wrote:
    Blind:rolleyes: .....last three times I have seen him do this he's had AK, KK & AK. Only 99 this time, he's getting loose with the blind calls :eek:

The sick thing is he isn't lying. AK, KK, AK 99, all blind.

Perhaps if i start playing tourneys on the blind then i'll improve my results :)

PS: Dont give P+P a big stack. It's a scary sight. WP sir.

Advertisement