Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Writers wanted for a lifestyle blog

Options
  • 16-08-2006 4:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm setting up an online magazine blog which will be aimed at Irish people (male and female). I guess you could call it a lifestyle blog, it will be split into four topics; Music, Culture, Style and Opinion (it may be expanded to feature more topics).

Why am I posting this here? I'm looking for a few writers to contribute a few articles/blog entries. You don't have to be a particularly proficient writer and experience is not a requirement. All that I ask is that you enjoy writing and that you are willing to contribute. You will have complete creative control over what you write, you can choose to write about whatever you find interesting. You will of course be credited for your contributions (with your real name or with a pseudonym if that is preferred).

Just to be clear, you will not be paid for contributing articles to the blog. The blog will not be a commercial venture, it will not have ads, it will not raise any money for me or anyone else. It will just be a hobby and hopefully we can attract some visitors as-well.

Please feel free to ask questions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭daveyjoe

Ok, unfortunately I'm not getting much of a response for this.

In the hope of sparking up some interest in this I'm going to post a little teaser. Hopefully this will help people understand what the site is about.

Here ya go: daveyjoe preview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭shiv

When is the site launching?

How long are the articles to be on average?

How often will it be updated?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭billsteersnose

Sorry I didnt see the original post. Yeah, I'd love to write for you! What's the rough outline you're looking for? Humour? Simple story telling?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭billsteersnose

Sorry again. I just had a look at the preview. I get the picture. Where do we mail our stuff to?

shiv wrote:
    When is the site launching?

How long are the articles to be on average?

How often will it be updated?

1. Hopefully in September

2. It's pretty flexible if you want to write a big long article that's fine. If you're more comfortable writing a couple of paragraphs then that's fine too.

3. It will be updated daily if there is enough content coming in. It really depends on what pace the writers want to churn out articles.
    Sorry again. I just had a look at the preview. I get the picture. Where do we mail our stuff to?

pm me your e-mail address and I'll send you the details when everything is set-up.

There will be an online system in place that will allow you to upload your articles. Don't worry it will be pretty straight forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,235 ✭✭✭Odaise Gaelach

Do you just want articles, or short stories and poetry and ect too?

Do you just want articles, or short stories and poetry and ect too?
    Well I would certainly be interested in satirical/humerous poems and short stories. Particularly if they were related to current affairs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 150 ✭✭skateing dragon

Hey I'd love to write something! Im a young writer trying to get noticed so yeah no problem! Pm me sme details and ill see what i can do!

Hey I'd love to write something! Im a young writer trying to get noticed so yeah no problem! Pm me sme details and ill see what i can do!
    It scares me a bit that you spelt "skating" with an 'e', only joking. Send me a pm with your e-mail address included and I will get back to you when I'm ready to receive submissions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,967 ✭✭✭✭Sarky

And on that note, I'll lock the thread. I'll sticky it for a few days. Any more questions and suchlike, take it to PMs or email.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement