Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

guitar24.de

Options
  • 16-08-2006 11:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

Hey all, was thinking of ordering from www.guitar24.de the translation on there site isnt working, but from what I can see is, anything with a star next to it is free shipping to the EU, except the guitar im looking at has no star beside it. I went as far in the order as I can without actually ordering it and its not saying anything about shipping.

Any ideas?

Can they bill me for more than they say?

Thanks
    alan

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Email them and verify before you purchase anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭-Al-

good idea batman ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭-=al=-

hello al :)

:eek: hello al

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Damn, this is as bad as the two baggios. :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

There's only one solution... A fight to the death! :D

only if we can do it like star trek with the 2 staff thingys :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Absolutely, the only way to do it! ;)

Sweet :cool:

don don don don don don don don don

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Link :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

thats a great site!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Duff_Man

whats the postage cost like if the item aitn free and how long does it take to deliever!? need a translator too:Phaha

• Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭The_g-man

Try googling a program called IMTranslator. It gives a rough translation of all but the technical jargon. Apparently guitar24 want you to e-mail them if you can find what you're looking for cheaper elsewhere.;)

thomann is only 20 euro for shipping, so its not gona be too dear, once its in europe your ok really

google has a translater tool, i think i downloaded as an add on but all i gota do is right click a page click the traslate button and bada bing its translated google it! theres nothing it cant do

Duff_Man wrote:
    whats the postage cost like if the item aitn free and how long does it take to deliever!? need a translator too:Phaha

Dunno, I've emailed them twice now and havent heard back from them.

The translator on there site wouldnt work for me either I just get stuff like this

"Warning: Main (../include/functions_2006.inc.php): failed tons of open stream: NO look for file or directory in /home/httpd/html/heimpel.intersaar-de/www.guitar24.de/en/kat.php on LINE 8......."

There prices seem good, but they say 16% VAT, does that mean they would have to recalculate it for 21% for Ireland?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

Just my opinion but if you emailed them twice and no reply after a reasonable lenght of time then there's no way I 'd buy anything from them. How would they ever deal with any problems with the goods?

that had crossed my mind, I spose im just not expecting to have any problems :D

wishful thinking :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Duff_Man

-Al- wrote:
    Dunno, I've emailed them twice now and havent heard back from them.

The translator on there site wouldnt work for me either I just get stuff like this

"Warning: Main (../include/functions_2006.inc.php): failed tons of open stream: NO look for file or directory in /home/httpd/html/heimpel.intersaar-de/www.guitar24.de/en/kat.php on LINE 8......."

There prices seem good, but they say 16% VAT, does that mean they would have to recalculate it for 21% for Ireland?

erm im not to sure man! thats a gd question bou tthe vat! would make me re-think orderin off em! i want to buy a fender lite ash strat and its a gd bit cheaper than thomman but if the vat has to be re-calculated coudl cost more!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

You pay the vat in the country you buy the item. Seeing as it's in Germany, you won't get stung for import. That's part of the reason things in Germany are so cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Eoin Madsen

You always pay VAT at the rate of the country of import - ie 21%. It's up to the exporter to bill you correctly (as Thomann do). Afaik, companies with relatively low turnovers (less than a couple of hundred thousand) are exempted for some reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 586 ✭✭✭The_g-man

musicstorekoeln charge 21% also. If you're still having problems translating the site, try the IMTranslator I mentioned. It worked on the guitar descriptions I was reading.

Advertisement