Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to transfer money to an english account

Options
  • 15-08-2006 5:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭

Hey guys,

Im purchasing some stuff for my car and the guys shipping them here. Now I have to pay for them.

Im with the EBS, can i do a bank transfer?? (guess not?)
    How else can I get the money to his account? Can i make a lodgement into his account? (how much would it cost to lodge 1000euro into his account?)
    Any help greatly appreciated!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,311 ✭✭✭xebec

AIB allow their internet customers to transfer funds internationally for free. Other banks also should have some facility to transfer funds, some of them charge but the charge isn't huge. Not sure about EBS though, your best bet would be to talk to them or possibly get somebody with an AIB account to transfer the money for you.

I have real trouble transferring money the other way, I currently work in London but will be moving back to Ireland in Sept but I don't want to pay the huge amount that my UK bank look for to transfer money across - it doesn't feel right after transferring money from Ireland to my UK a/c for free!

Advertisement