Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Nearly new Pathfinder

Options
  • 15-08-2006 12:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi,
    Im thinking of buying a nearly new (05) nissan pathfinder commercial. I have one in mind at the moment and have test driven it and every thing seems good. It drives well, doesnt pull to either side, easy gear changes, good brakes etc. Not indication of any accidents etc. Its in tip top condition with the minor exceptiion of some minor scuff markes on the interior.
    The only problem i had was that i thought the engine was a bit noisy. I have check the review and they all mention that this is normal but i m not convinced about this one. When its in first and second gear and hitting the high rev befor changing, there is more of a high pitched hiss than the normal noise you would associate with a diesel. In all other gears it sounds fine.

has anyone any experience with the pathfinder or know anything about this. The car is still under warrenty for 2 years from the manufacturers. and i am buying from a nissan dealer.

Should i be concerned or am i being over concerned.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭Zoot

Quickest test is to take another Pathfinder out for a test drive to compare.

Does it have any service record yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

They're very thirsty.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭oneillk

there is 30k miles done. I was it has been serviced and that it will be serviced if i buy. (i havent actually seen the book).
    I will try and text drive another one but i wont get a chance prob for about a week or so, i just hope this one is not sold befor.
    I was under the impression that the fuel consumption wasnt too bad. (one of my reason for picking it). 24/31 mpg. most of my driving will be long distance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

Long distance you may be ok but a mate had a company one and it hammered through diesel. They sold it and bought him a new Golf van because of it.

Advertisement