Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

play.com - order delayed INDEFINITELY

Options
  • 15-08-2006 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Hey all,
    I am seriously annoyed at this. I bought two books off play last week - the first and second part of a series. When I ordered them I checked that both were in stock. And on checking the site later, both orders were being packed and dispatched.

Cue one week later. I have one book - the 2nd part.

And an email sent today saying that the order for the first book has been delayed and "we are unable to give you a timescale of when to
    expect delivery."

What!??!?! Unable to give a timescale?? :mad:

Can I demand my money back? According to their site the item was in stock. According to their site the item was being packed and dispatched (which stops one being able to cancel the order).

Thanks,
    Quad

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,470 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Course you can get your money back since they haven't provided you with the item, drop them a e-mail and they'll sort it for you :)

Its abit crap but I suppose the might have had bad stock management with that item leading them to believe they had more of it then they actually did, have to say I haven't seen such problems with play in the past.,

Advertisement