Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

3rd provisional about to expire

Options
  • 15-08-2006 10:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

Hi,

I've a test booked...no date yet. but my prov is about to expire...what can i do?
    can i get another? i thought u can only have 3.
    can i even do the test with an expired prov ???

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭Bluetonic

You can get a 4th licence with proof of a pending test application.

You can't sit the test with an expired licence.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,222 ✭✭✭\m/_(>_<)_\m/

Hi,

I've a test booked...no date yet. but my prov is about to expire...what can i do?
    can i get another? i thought u can only have 3.
    can i even do the test with an expired prov ???

cheers

you should have applied for you test on your first...

to think that you have been driving around for the last three years without a test is frighting... i bet if you weren't forced into doing a test you would carry on driving under a provisional for ever...

and we wonder why so many people are killed on the roads every year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

maybe he's failed before?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

to think that you have been driving around for the last three years without a test is frighting... i bet if you weren't forced into doing a test you would carry on driving under a provisional for ever...

Lay off the OP, would you?

I find this constant beligerant attitude displayed by many members towards people on provisionals to be sickening.

To the OP, you can apply for another provisional as long as you have proof that you have applied for your test.

tbh wrote:
    maybe he's failed before?
    that's even more frightening... one fails a test to drive and is still allowed out on our roads.

dudara wrote:
    I find this constant beligerant attitude displayed by many members towards people on provisionals to be sickening.
    try tell that to the families of the 200 and odd people who died this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,519 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You don't know the circumstances. Therefore don't assume.

Out of curiosity, are there statistics available to show how many of those accidents were due to provisional license holders versus full holders?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

So the 200 people that have died in the last year were all on provisionals were they? Wanker.

that's even more frightening... one fails a test to drive and is still allowed out on our roads.

thats got nothing to do with the OP, thats the system. If you don't like it, you can lobby the dail. You assumed that the OP hasn't done a test, and took it upon yourself to preach to him. You know nothing about him (or her!) and neither do I. I would suggest if you can't offer advice, at least refrain from pompous and unhelpful replies.

tbh wrote:
    thats got nothing to do with the OP, thats the system. If you don't like it, you can lobby the dail. You assumed that the OP hasn't done a test, and took it upon yourself to preach to him. You know nothing about him (or her!) and neither do I. I would suggest if you can't offer advice, at least refrain from pompous and unhelpful replies.

"I would suggest if you can't offer advice, at least refrain from pompous and unhelpful replies."
    please see above.

the reason my comment you quoted has nothing to do with the OP is because
    i was replying to your dopey comment "maybe he's failed before?"
    i thought that would have been clear, considering i quoted your post before replying to your post. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

dudara wrote:
    You don't know the circumstances. Therefore don't assume.

Out of curiosity, are there statistics available to show how many of those accidents were due to provisional license holders versus full holders?
    They don't collect that information as far as I am aware. The only figures I have seen come from the insurance companies.

Obviously more accidents involve full license holders, there are a lot more of them but the likelyhood of an accident seens to be higher.

TBH I am always suspicious of people that have been on provo licenses for years. People can throw up all the excuses they want but at the end of the day there are over 450k license holders but only 125k waiting for a test. So there are obviously plenty of simply simply not trying a test in the first place or failing and just continuing to drive.

MrP

• Advertisement

"I would suggest if you can't offer advice, at least refrain from pompous and unhelpful replies."
    please see above.

the reason my comment you quoted has nothing to do with the OP is because
    i was replying to your dopey comment "maybe he's failed before?"
    i thought that would have been clear, considering i quoted your post before replying to your post. :rolleyes:

I don't have a clue what you are talking about. You made some comment about the OP not sitting his test unless he was forced to, and saying he should have applied on his first license. I was just pointing out that you don't know that he didn't - maybe he's done a test three or four times but failed. You assumed that he was trying to avoid the test, and castigated him based on your assumption. Hence my comment "maybe he's failed already?".

edit:

just to clear up. You accused the OP of avoiding his test because he's on a fourth prov. I said "maybe he's done it and failed it"

What you said: "that's even more frightening... one fails a test to drive and is still allowed out on our roads." Which has nothing to do with the OP, but gives an alternative explanation as to why they are on their 3rd prov. as opposed to your assumption that they've been avoiding the test. (as i explained in my 'dopey' comment)

what you should have said "oh, yeah, I didn't think of that, sorry OP".

simple really.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

mloc123 wrote:
    Wanker.

He may be so but its not your job to tell us. May I suggest you read this fine tome as it may save you from a ban (ie consider this a warning).

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

mike65 wrote:
    He may be so but its not your job to tell us. May I suggest you read this fine tome as it may save you from a ban (ie consider this a warning).

Mike.

lol at the book. Sorry for the comment, won't happen again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Agree with the other posters who asked for solid proof of this. Just because a provisional licence holder is in an accident doesn't mean they caused it!!!!

Advertisement