Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Axa Insurance?

Options
  • 15-08-2006 10:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭

Is a pile of crap... I got an online quote from them back in May and it came in around 3,000. So I rang them up just now after seeing their new policys advertised in the paper this morning... And its actually gone up in price?? I think all these companys take your info and then just hit a little generate random number key on their keyboard to give some of these quotes...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

online quotes are most of the time different from a quote on the phone, even with quinn I got 2 quotes for a car, there was €150 difference and the info was all the exact same - so I bought the cheaper nsurance online avoiding all the crap talk on the phone!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

I know what ya mean.. Was the same with me and Quinn, but only by €7 extra on the phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

Axa are cowboys..

They wouldn't insure me on my car until I'm 30 - I'm 24 now! :p

Nobody else refused me.

I don't get how they quote 3500 and quinn quote 1600... Its just madness...

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭giveth

Last year Axa wouldn't quote me either. (I'm 24 now)

But this year, not only did they quote me, but they are the cheapest quote. (€730 comprehensive)

They are strange alright.

• Advertisement

jesus that's something else.... I got a quote this morning from FBD for €1,550 for a 140bhp celica with just me on the policy.

Mine is a 190bhp celica and with quinn it's €1,100. I'm 25 on full license and that's my own policy with my wife on it too - she's 28 and has a provional license. my excess is €190.

Insure.ie wont give me a quote for just me....

Here's what I got from 123.ie for just me on the policy
    quotesbm3.gif

I'd call axa for a quote to see what they say but it'd be a waste of time....

Well, I give up :D I think Ive rang them all at this stage and like I've read in most insurance related thrwads here, Quinn is the only one for first time insured people. So they'll get my business this year..

I went to 123 and they were 3500+
    Insure.ie gave me 2 quotes one for 3072 and 4172

These were for Fully comp on a Colt.

on a colt... ouch

I know steep, huh? Quinn are quoting 1600 for fully comp. Bearing in mind I'm still a provisional driver...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

a bunch if wan****

my broker deals with them and i was with them since day one, i had a renewal of 780e for my bmw and i was having none of it, i got insurance from some crowd in dublin for 400euro. .
    so hibernian can stick it to themselves., my broker rung me this morning and left a message, i wonder did they reduce my premium by almost half, woudnt be surprised but they should treat customers with more dignity:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,208 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

If your young/on a provo/whatever, Quinn seem to be the best.

OK, theyre the ultimate 'no frills' Insurance, but sure aren't Ryanair doing fine and people are generally happy with what they get.. from A to B

Same goes for Quinn with regards to insurance. I am only insured because I have to be, so Quinn will do just fine for me until I get a decent NCB or a car thats worth more than a pack of Tayto!

I hear people bitch and moan about Quinn all the time, but generally these are people who crashed their car and are trying to claim :p

Don't crash and you'll be fine! Go Quinn tbh! :rolleyes: ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

JohnCleary wrote:
    I hear people bitch and moan about Quinn all the time, but generally these are people who crashed their car and are trying to claim :p

Don't crash and you'll be fine! Go Quinn tbh! :rolleyes: ;)

Pretty much. Girl at work was insured with them. Her mother's a broker and wouldn't allow her re-insure with Quinn because they fu<ked up every claim she dealt with in that 12 month period. NO EXCEPTIONS

well just drive safe....

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Im with AXA and I've always found them very good.. but in saying that I've heard of some people being completely screwed over by them..

My father used to be with them and one day his insurance premium went up by €300 for nothing.. He questioned it, they said it was due to increasing costs.. so he left them and went elsewhere.. a rep from the company rang him 2 weeks later to let him know that his policy was up and he told them situation, the rep gave him a quote which was €400 cheaper than the one that AXA originally gave him.. needless to say, he told him to shove it..

I dont think any insurance company really cares for customers to be honest, they just see them as walking cash cows..

Tox

Advertisement