Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Here's a good one for ye

Options
  • 15-08-2006 10:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭

warw_th5jintonat.jpg
    ji_mugshot_big.jpg

Microtonal fret positions. For people who don't know how to riff out? Discuss :p

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I'd love to bring that into Derrick Nelson :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

I.....love...it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭Ancient1

Doc, remember when I asked you about fret work last week?

Well if I attempted any fret work my guitar would end up looking like that. :p

Damn, that should be called the Snaggletooth Bass.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I have a hard enough time remembering what notes the regular frets make, I wouldn't want to even try something like this :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭fish-head

Looks... errrrm.. challenging!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

how in the name of screaming **** do you play that,it looks like brail all over the place

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

what the hell are Microtonal fret positions and how exactly do they help you to riff out it looks like theyd hinder you to riff out if anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

That looks amazing. I'd love to give it a go.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

looks good.. but why do we have to try and make everything we do easy.. takes all the fun out of things

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭Rustar

Patricide wrote:
    looks like theyd hinder you to riff out if anything.

Besides, I think an important skill that every good bass player learns is pitch correction (since it's very often important for us to be dead-on compared to, say, a ****-a-doodling guitarist), even on fretted basses.
    I could see this on a guitar....

Unless the point of this is to play microtonal Asian scales, which none of us would understand in the first place. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 False_God

that is one messed up bass

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

My thoughtmeat hurts trying to figure out what this sounds like. Does anyone have any samples or videos of something like this around? Would love to hear / see something...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

You can play Phill Niblock pieces without a computer using that.

Advertisement