Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Roofrack on an A140

Options
  • 15-08-2006 9:40am
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Has anyone put a roofrack on theirs and used it for transporting stuff?
    I am a bit anxious about the idea of putting one on the car for Kayaks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

I'd imagine it'd be fine, as long as you're not driving like a lunatic. All A Class Mercedes have ESP as standard.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Yeah I have traction control,but thats not gonig to keep the car attached to the road on a sharp bend:)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,818 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Moonbeam wrote:
    Yeah I have traction control,but thats not gonig to keep the car attached to the road on a sharp bend:)

In terms of weight, I wouldn't think kayaks and a roof rack are going to have too much of an adverse effect. Have a look in the handbook, I'm sure there will be a reference to how much roof load the car can safely take. The only problem I could foresee is the combination of strong cross-winds and a sharp bend. I would, however, imagine that the car has been tested for all that, especially after that whole elk-test thing.

Advertisement