Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Celica's + Engine oil

Options
  • 14-08-2006 10:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

Does anyone have a similarity with what I am about to post?

I bought my car in February. It is a 98 SS3 BEAMS engine celica. As normal, one gives the car a once over and the oil level was full. 6 months later the oil level has dropped to low on the dipstick. There has been no black smoke coming out the exhaust. Are theBEAMS engines designed to burn the oil? This has me a little concerned.

Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

how many miles is 6 months? Its not uncommon for cars to burn up to a litrein 10,000 miles so I wouldn't worry too much about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,015 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Jebus, you should be checking fluid levels a lot more often than that. I wouldn't be too worried anyway. Was the car sitting long when you checked the oil? Was the car on a level surface?

Not your ornery onager

Advertisement