Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New RTE car show...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,489 ✭✭✭maidhc

Sounds fun.

a) Buy car.
    b) Apply laptop to odometer/run drill backward.
    c) Apply sawdust to gearbox.
    d) Apply liberal helpings of isopon.
    e) Make your hair greasy looking and put on a smooth voice.
    f) Profit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

They will be given time to renovate and repair that car then sell it on in order to make a profit
    Jasus this is a licence to kill! (only half joking) Every Anto and Dec will be signing up for this one.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

Ahh! This reminds me of the Fiat Cinquecento I bought down the auctions, repaired (!) the radiator with a g-clamp and sold for a £400 profit, all within half a day! Happy days...

invest4deepvalue.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭connundrum

mike65 wrote:
    Every Anto and Dec will be signing up for this one.

Mike.

Sssshhhh! If no one tells em, then they'll never know :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

you can imagine some scumbag buynig a punto and pimping it to try and make a profit.

I've applied though, it'd be fun.... and I wouldn't pimp a punto, haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,266 ✭✭✭alias no.9

pburns wrote:
    What I'm intrigued by is the inverted Dacia Logan...

What the hells that about???

Obviously they're going exclusively reveal, for the first time on irish terestrial telly, the breaking news that the logan failed an elk test about 3 years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,197 ✭✭✭wba88

deadly. i applied. reminds me of the old show called 'Car Sharks' on bravo.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Or "Wheeler Dealers" where Mike Brewer and some posh mechanic (Ed China) bought and did up old cars starting with a very cheap one, selling it, buying a slightly more expensive one, doing it up, and trading up again. very good series

colm_mcm wrote:
    Or "Wheeler Dealers" where Mike Brewer and some posh mechanic (Ed China) bought and did up old cars starting with a very cheap one, selling it, buying a slightly more expensive one, doing it up, and trading up again. very good series
    i agree

Hello there,

Many Thanks for responding to the ad. Below is a brief rundown of the programme idea and the time involved. At this stage, we are producing a pilot programme, which means the programme will only go out on TV if the series is given the go-ahead by RTE.

The programme will be called ‘Bangers and Cash’ and will be a 30 minute programme. We are looking for 3 contestants in total who will compete against each other on the show.

Each contestant should be in the market for a used car. They will be asked to go out and buy a used car in their budget. They will be advised on the type of car to buy and what to look out for when buying that car. They will be given a week to do this and camera’s will follow their progress every step of the way.

Our expert presenters will then judge each car and advise each contestant on what they should modify on the car to improve its sale value and desirability. They will then be given a week to have work completed on the car.

Each contestant will then have a further week in which to sell the car. Again they will be advised on the best way to sell their particular car, what to ask for and some of the tricks of the trade in dealing with the car-buying general public.

Each contestant will be using their own finances in the buying and repairing of their cars. However with the guidelines and advice of our experts, it is hoped that each contestant should make some return on their investment.

Here’s the important bit:

The contestant who makes the highest percentage profit having sold their used car will walk away with €3000.

Additionally, should the pilot programme be accepted by RTE a further €2000 will be awarded to the winning contestant.

Each contestant would be needed for each of the various stages. These are as follows:

* Meeting our presenters, getting advice on car to buy.

* Trawling the used car markets and buying their car.

* Meeting presenters with car. Getting advice on repair-work.

* Taking car to the garage.

* Showing presenters finished car. Receiving advice on selling car.

* Selling car.

* Finale: contestant with highest profit margin is declared the winner.

Each of the above sections would take approx. 2 hours to shoot and will be shot on separate days. Every effort would be made to accommodate contestants schedules.

To me it would seem easy to win this challenge.. with a quick transfer of names etc. Bagsie me that €3000 prize :D

/damn, cat bag etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

connundrum wrote:

The contestant who makes the highest percentage profit having sold their used car will walk away with €3000.

Buy an absoloute banger for €50.
    Have a service, stick on re-molded tyres, valet it yourself, and some slight touch up work, totalling about about €400, total cost €450.

Have a friend buy it for €1000, so your percentage profit is 120% (i think!!!) so you will easily win. Then out of the €3000, pay your friend back the €1000, and minus the €450 for the car, that leaves you with €1550 in your pocket.
    Hopefully the pilot is approved, and you sell the car for €500, then you have €4050......

@ connundrum: do the contestants have to be over 18? when will this be sept, oct, nov?

I would suggest yes for insurance purposes.

As they say the program hasn't actually been picked up by RTE, it would more than likely be filmed over the winter with a view to having it as part of the Spring line up. :)

Advertisement