Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

weekly fixed acca the same teams thro the season

Options
  • 14-08-2006 8:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭

On the football investments thread I have put up a number of teams to put in accas for this season. I hope they all cop and I coin it in. However if you had to have an acca on thre four or five teams on the same selections home or away every weekend of the season (when there are league fixtures) who would you pick. If I was forced to do so I would take a few of my bankers and combine them in an acca every weekend: Gretna, Bayern, Linfield, Lyon, Celtic. Would it be profitable at the end of the season? I don't know but worth investigating. Which fixed five teams would you pick?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

I wouldnt pick 5 fixed teams myself. I am not sure about Gretna, i would give it a few more weeks to see how they do before picking them as your banker.

But barca, bayern, Lyon and chelsea would be it actually. I am not sure about Celtic. Home games yes, away i wouldnt be 100% sure though. I dont know aobut Linfield so i cant comment on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭westtip

Good point re Celtic maybe take nine banker teams and only do the acca on the home teams each weekend - it should give you a fourfold at least every weekend eg : Gretna, Bayern, Linfield, Lyon, Celtic, Chelsea, Barca, Lyon, Olympacas.

BTW last weekend Gretna (1.8) away, Celtic 1.2 home and Bayern 1.44 home all won however Lyon at 1.3 drew chelsea was a cup tie - these would not be included So with Lyon drawing at home it would have been a loser.

88th minute winner for Gretna though, i know they all count. But aftr there 5-0 start i think alot of people might of wrongly thought they will walk it again this year. I wouldnt be so sure.

With the team and manager Real madrid have i would stick them in your home teams aswell.

Never mind the last minute winners as you say they all count, there woudl be a treble this coming weekend odds yet to come: Olympiakas, Chelsea and Gretna

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭telecaster

Westtip, I'm surprised to see you getting involved with backing teams in accumulators without knowing their price and irrespective of their form. You can't be making it pay with tactics like this surely?

Unless I'm misreading what your saying and this is just for some competiton or other.

• Advertisement

telecaster wrote:
    Westtip, I'm surprised to see you getting involved with backing teams in accumulators without knowing their price and irrespective of their form. You can't be making it pay with tactics like this surely?

Unless I'm misreading what your saying and this is just for some competiton or other.
    I agree it is a bit of a no brainer - a bit like doing the lottery -I was really just floating the idea out that despite all the analyis of form if you pick teams that have good solid records isn't there a reasonable expectation they will land a bet for you say 2 out of 3 weekends. It is really something I am just going to look at for this season. I may back them to pennies for beer money although probably not, but I will put them up on the boards if anyone wants to look at them as potential bankers for the weekend accas they do.

westtip wrote:
    there woudl be a treble this coming weekend odds yet to come: Olympiakas, Chelsea and Gretna
    coming back on myself here - now all are priced up the weekly fixed teams acca on the teams playing at home woudl pay a shade over evens at Victor chandlers (vcbet.com) at prices of 1.25,1.22 and 1.33 respectively for the three teams above the combined odds being 2.02. Say a ten euro acca (curently bank is minus ten euro)

all three won, at 2.02 a profit of just over ten euro, bring any bank back to level. Athough the price posted was a best price available of 2.02 fot he treble , advantage could have been taken of the best single prices available on all matches from different sources in a treble, but using an any to come method and rolling each leg of the bet over to the best priced bookie/exchange.
    Eg taken Gretna at 1.4 with the best priced bookie, then rolled over the say 14 euro on the next leg of the treble, which would have been Olympiakas on Saturday eventing - the best price was 1.25 with a nmber of bookies would have yielded 17.5 euro and then the last leg on chelsea 1.25 could have been achieved on the xchgs yielding a return on the last leg of the treble of 21.875 as opose to 20.02 by placing the bet with one bookie in htenormal way - this kind of strategy is possible when the legs of the treble are not played at the same time, although it does require some time management, over the period of a season it can make a considerable difference to the overall profit figure.

Three of the nominated bankers are playing at home this weekend, no prices up yet, Olympicas take on the old rivals Panathanikos, Celtic v Hibs (Celtic putting themselve through the mill so far), and Bayern v Nurnburg. Linfield are at home to Glenavon on Friday but it is a cup match which don't count for this system. So, as far as I can see it would be a treble this weekend on the Olympicas, Celtic and Bayern. so far one winning weekend at a shade over evens and one loser, so standing still on the bank.

westtip wrote:
    Good point re Celtic maybe take nine banker teams and only do the acca on the home teams each weekend - it should give you a fourfold at least every weekend eg : Gretna, Bayern, Linfield, Lyon, Celtic, Chelsea, Barca, Lyon, Olympacas.

Just to clarify - I seem to have put Lyon in twice in my list of banker teams, to reiterate the teams down as the home bankers are Gretna, Bayern, Linfield, Lyon, Celtic, Chelsea, Barca, Olympacas.

I am thinking about throwing in Ferbache and Anderlecht, but will leave as it is for now. This weekend, I have just double checked and there are only two at home: Celtic and Bayern, the best double price I cna find is with Bet 365 at prices of 1.29 for Celtic and 1.40 for Bayern, a price on the double of 1.806, at Bet 365 from the nominal bank of 100 Euro, 10 Euro staked. current status bank is at 100 euro

• Advertisement

Just wondering, does the home oppisition matter? If Celtic were playing Ranagers at home would you avoid that bet?

Chucky, no just running it based on playing at home, so if Chelski v MUFC or Arsenal its all inclusive, of course on occasions when the teams are playing their closest opposition prices will be better. TBH its just a bit of observation to see how it works out, is not something I would get heavily involved in - keep it to pennies to see how it works out, I think it might cop 2/3 times.

westtip wrote:
    This weekend, I have just double checked and there are only two at home: Celtic and Bayern, the best double price I cna find is with Bet 365 at prices of 1.29 for Celtic and 1.40 for Bayern, a price on the double of 1.806, at Bet 365 from the nominal bank of 100 Euro, 10 Euro staked. current status bank is at 100 euro

Bayern only managed a draw, however worth noting all the other banker teams playing away won, but it goes down as a loser on the bank -10 so bank is now at 90 Euro.

Of course nothing last weekend with internationals on - five of the home banker teams are at home this weekend, Chelski, gretna, Linfield, Olympiacos and Lyon, the acca with Paddy power pays 2.95. 10 euro to win.

westtip wrote:
    Of course nothing last weekend with internationals on - five of the home banker teams are at home this weekend, Chelski, gretna, Linfield, Olympiacos and Lyon, the acca with Paddy power pays 2.95. 10 euro to win.
    Beggining to confirm what I think about betting in match accas - with Gretna of all teams at home letting the acca down with a thumping 0-4 loss at home to dundee - all the other matches came up although Linfield only just scraped a win with a goal in the dying minutes of the game. If all these games had been backed as singles at best prices a break-even woudl have been achieved.

-10 Bank now 80 points/Euro

Can only se three of the bankers at home this weekend all in the UK - Celtic and Gretna on Sturday and Chelsea on Sunday. Recommend doing the double on Celtic/Gretna Saturday afternoon and then placing any returns on Chelsea in a single at best available price on Saturday evening. the double with PP pays 2.03 - but it may be better elsewhere - they have Chelsea at 1.72, 1.80 should be achievable on the exchanges for chelsea so worth splitting the bet - although still effectively having the treble just securing the best possible price ie the treble with PP is 3.49 by splitting the bet and getting 1.80 on Chelsea the price is 3.65. I am a great believer in maximising prices in these kind of bets and whilst it means a bit of work int he long run it pays divs. €10 staked.

Well Gretna let me down again at the weekend. -10 on the bet Bank does to 70 Euro, will stick at it as I feel this is going to pay dividends during the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

westtip wrote:
    Can only se three of the bankers at home this weekend all in the UK - Celtic and Gretna on Sturday and Chelsea on Sunday. Recommend doing the double on Celtic/Gretna Saturday afternoon and then placing any returns on Chelsea in a single at best available price on Saturday evening. the double with PP pays 2.03 - but it may be better elsewhere - they have Chelsea at 1.72, 1.80 should be achievable on the exchanges for chelsea so worth splitting the bet - although still effectively having the treble just securing the best possible price ie the treble with PP is 3.49 by splitting the bet and getting 1.80 on Chelsea the price is 3.65. I am a great believer in maximising prices in these kind of bets and whilst it means a bit of work int he long run it pays divs. €10 staked.
    Well Chelsea went to 1.83 before KO so that was a nice win anyway.

Bateman wrote:
    Well Chelsea went to 1.83 before KO so that was a nice win anyway.

Precisley - what this little expereiment is proving to me is pretty much what I always thought - match bet accas are a devil to succeed with - On sturday for example 3.33 Euro on each as a single would have yielded a break even situaton - put it all on a treble as a 10 euro bet and it is all gone, it was similar the previous week.

6 pf the banker teams at home this week - sot hte cahnces of pulling off the home banker acca are pretty low - reflected in the price:

All at Willhill Celtic, 1.83, Bayern, 1.5, Barca, 1.57, Lyon 1.5, Olypiacas, 1.60 and Linfield 1.44 combined acca price is 12.11 (11.11/1) we shall see 10 euro acca with Willhill

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭Sillyaspie

Lyon won't win I don't think.

Maybe not - the whole idea of this thread is not to think - an experiment in not thinking - taking a blind roll of the dice throughout the season on a select bunch of teams everytime they play at home so far it has failed....!

And failed again thanks to Linfield losing on Saturday - don't know the Barca result yet - but would make no difference -10 bank down to 60

An error on the prices of the acca - Bayern were only 1.25. best prices betting on the matches as singles would have been as follows (on the winners only the profit would hav been) Celtic +95, Bayern +.25, Olympicas +.80, Lyon +.55, profit on winners: 2.55 so with 2 point lost on the two losers backing all selectons as singles would hav given a 0.55 pont profit - Again the merit of singles betting is shown

Only two of the banker teams are at home this week; Gretna and Chelsea the best priced double is 1.63 (1.25 and 1.30) with Bet365 or VCbet. 10 euro on the double.

Both teams fail chelsea draw and Gretna's see saw season continues,

Bank now 50

• Registered Users Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Keep it up; not "following" you, but I'm interested and checkback most weeks.

Managed to make something on the Chelsea game by laying the overs in the aftermath of the 2nd minute goal; come the 80th minute, I still didn't didn't hedge out. :)

Advertisement