Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boss GE-7 Equaliser

Options
  • 14-08-2006 5:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭

Anyone use this pedal? I've been toying with getting one as a friend of a friend of a friend type really recommends it. "You can add so much more to your tone!" appearently.

If your use em any prefered settings? I play really heavy tuned right down metal stuff so if any of ye do, how do ye set it up?

Speaking of which, where do you place it in an effects chain? And is it possible or feasible to run two at the same time? One to get that tone say and maybe another slightly tweaked for lead with a bit of volume boost?

All other tips tricks and info welcome!

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Fantastic pedal, usually put in the FX loop of an amp. Dave Gilmour uses 3 of them in his pedal chain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭!_Brian_!

so itd be guitar, effects board, amp. and then seperatly run the ge-7 through the effects loop?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Yup.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,280 ✭✭✭-=al=-

i just use mine in the chain, works aok for me, i tried it in the loops but didnt like it, i recomend em alot too they're great lil pedals

u can put it where u want in the chain

i use it

Guitar > overdrive > wah > EQ > compressor > Chorus > tuner > Amp.

put it where u tihnk its right in the chain i suppose

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Well if you use distortion pedals before your amp it doesnt really matter where you put it as long as its after the dirt pedals, fxloop only really makes a difference for amp distortion. The way they're usually used is "always on" to tweak your tone more than the amp eq.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Eoin Madsen

FX loop is definitely a better place to put it in terms or preserving your guitar tone. GE-7s are noisy anyway, so I'm not a big fan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Yeah, I have both a Fish n Chips (regarded as the quietest budget EQ) and the newish behringer one. The behringer one is built terrible but it does the job and is quiet, can't go wrong for €18. I'd recommend it over a GE7

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Eoin Madsen

Hmm, I thought the Danelectro Fish'n'chips was still noticably noisy tbh, and the EQ range is definitely less effective.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,658 ✭✭✭Patricide

My advice is put it in the effects loop seperate to your signal chain as if you put it in your signal chain its eq'ing the signal of your guitar before it even gets to your amp while if its in the effects loop its eqing your actual amp. my advice is to leave your amps eq all at 12 o clock and then go from there with the pedal.

Bought one today. My god ...... the differance is unbelivable! Wow .. what a pedal!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

!_Brian_! wrote:
    Bought one today. My god ...... the differance is unbelivable! Wow .. what a pedal!

Are you running it before the amp or in the loop?

before the amp at the mo, havnt tried the fx loop yet, didnt have enough leads on me!

Advertisement