Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Debadging

Options
  • 14-08-2006 4:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭

I was just washing my car today and I noticed that some asshole has gone to the trouble of debadging it for me.

Don't know when it happened but I'm not too pushed. Although this is the second time the car has been vandalised.

Anyway, they seem to have left glue on the paintwork. Should I use rubbing compound to take this off or is there a better way?

It's a 02 Passat and it was the "Passat" badge that they took. The rest is fine.

http://spraoi.ie/CAR/again

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

Put a hairdryer to it and rub it into a ball with your finger, then pick it off. A good wash & wax afterwards and BINGO....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭gstonesmx5

mets, white spirits, bug and tar remover, nailvarnish remover, lynx deoderant not antipersperant and a wash and wax after the operation for good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Had a go with the nail varnish remover / surgical spirits, no joy.

Looks like it may actually be paint scraped off. There is damage on the top of the VW logo that looks like someone was using a knife or screw driver.

I will not be impressed if that is the case. Just had the car resprayed after being vandalised, cost €1000 that time.

Is the rubbing compound a bad idea? Just in case it is stubborn glue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Paint thinners usually works. I've used it before to get stubborn stains of the paint work.

How long ago did you get the car resprayed? If it's any more than about 6 months, paint thinners will be safe to use, otherwise avoid as it can lightly dissolve some fresh paint.

Advertisement