Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Name of Loan Company???

Options
  • 14-08-2006 12:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭

Hi im just looking for the name of a loan company in a hurry. They offer loans from 100 to 1000Euro and they call to your door each week to collect the money. Ive seen them advertised on Dublin bus but i cant remember the name of the company. Can somebody please tell me??

Thanks,

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 my little pony

cheeky_guy wrote:
    Hi im just looking for the name of a loan company in a hurry. They offer loans from 100 to 1000Euro and they call to your door each week to collect the money. Ive seen them advertised on Dublin bus but i cant remember the name of the company. Can somebody please tell me??

Thanks,

It could be Friends First that you are looking for but they charge huge interest rates and to be honest you could probably get a loan much cheaper in a Credit Union or Bank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 kaizersoze1

providence

• Registered Users Posts: 2,528 ✭✭✭TomCo

Sounds like loan sharking.

Try the credit union, or if its something important, try getting an advance from work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Moved from AH.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Tony H

keep away from provident , it seems so handy they call to the door every week for the money , the interest is HUGH , and as soon as you get near to clearing the debt off , they are throwing money at you again and it never finishes , join a credit union and you can get a loan in 13 weeks , or if you are really stuck go into the manager of the credit union and tell him your situation , 9 out of 10 times he will sort you out .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,322 ✭✭✭Hitchhiker's Guide to...

please follow the advice of going to a credit union. Any of those Providence type-crowds will end up in you being worse off in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭indiewindy

All sage words posted above. At least now companies are banned from sending out unsolicited loan offers. I dont know how many times mbna have phoned and wrote to me offering loans. are provident the ones with an address in Swords and charge about 27% interest?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Sarsfield

indiewindy wrote:
    At least now companies are banned from sending out unsolicited loan offers.

Really? I'm sure I got one of those 'pre-approved' application forms from BOI yesterday. I can't check as it went straight in the shredder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Tony H

indiewindy wrote:
    provident the ones with an address in Swords and charge about 27% interest?

Example: Loan amount: €500, 51 weekly repayments of €15
    Total amount payable €765. Typical 150.3% APR
    direct quote from their website
    thats how bad they are

Advertisement