Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Engine enhancements

Options
  • 14-08-2006 9:06am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭

Are these mixtures you sometimes see for sale any good?

ie. Better fuel economy et cetera.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 166 ✭✭gstonesmx5

you might need to be more detailed, petrol,oil,diesel ?

Octane booster might give you a performance increase on highly tuned or turbo charged engines.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭junii

gstonesmx5 wrote:
    you might need to be more detailed, petrol,oil,diesel ?

Its just a petrol 1.4 sunny. I would be interested in anything that would make it run better or use less fuel et cetera.

I have a gut feeling though that alot of that stuff is rubbish...certainly there branding is anyway. I hope im wrong.

unless its a tuned 1.4 it will realy come down to your right foot.
    i do sell fuel additives but would not realy see any reason for you to use them unless you are cleaning internals or looking for better performance.
    all you can do is make sure the fuel is clean and has filter is not got dirt in it, look at air filter see its clean, check plugs for dirt, look at oil and see if its clean.

or buy a diesel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭junii

gtstonesmx5: How much would a fuel filter cost for my car? Is there anyway to tell if it needs to be changed other than opening it. Unfortunately, I got no SH with my car.

• Advertisement

a filter should cost no more than €15 and you might be able to see if its got grit or water in it if you can find it under the bonnet. this tends not to be a major factor and its the combined effect of all the above that might make a difference. if you are getting over 30mpg i aould not worry much unless you feel its not enough. you can always get the emmisions checked in a garage.

Advertisement