Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the blizzards

Options
  • 14-08-2006 12:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭

just wondering does anyone know if the blizzards released "trouble" as a single? if they did was it sold in most record stores? cant find it on itunes and their website doesnt have a discography as of yet.
    been trying to get my hands on the song for ages so thought you guys might be able to offer some (legal) help..

edit thought outside the box and found it :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Jiggingjauntis

It was realised about June-ish of this year, reached the heady heights of number 6 in the Irish charts. I'd say you'd be hard pushed to find a copy of it now but the album is out on Friday to quench your thirst.

Actually just looking at the website the b-side is called "Why Do You Fancy Scumbags?", kinda wouldn't mind picking that up myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ellenmelon

It was realised about June-ish of this year, reached the heady heights of number 6 in the Irish charts. I'd say you'd be hard pushed to find a copy of it now but the album is out on Friday to quench your thirst.

Actually just looking at the website the b-side is called "Why Do You Fancy Scumbags?", kinda wouldn't mind picking that up myself.

i get left out a wee bit, as ive given up on radio here (though i just got a program called radiotime tuner so i can listen to phantom etc) so i dont get as much exposure to new releases etc.

i found the single on the road records site but now you've told me the album is released friday i can wait till then!! :) their myspace has "why do you fancy scumbags" on it..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭_feedback_

ellenmelon wrote:
    i found the single on the road records site but now you've told me the album is released friday i can wait till then!! :) their myspace has "why do you fancy scumbags" on it..

The album isn't due for release until october... the next single 'Miss Fantasia Preaches' goes on release this Friday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭CGorman

I know its an old thread - but just to let you know - the album "A Public Display of Affection" is out today and it is superb!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭dave101

i did security for them in ucd a few weeks ago when they played the student bar, and i was sooo impresed with them and the fan base they have
    and i may add the most down to earth lads you would ever bump in to ..
    i bought the cd . really worth the dollars
    hope they have a big input in to irish music in the neare future
    dave.

• Advertisement

Good to hear you like them Dave. I'm a mullingar man, so i'm one of those lunatic fans they have. Literally everyone under 30 in mullingar has been brainwashed into loveing them! They've got good writups in Hotpress, NME, InDublin and The Irish Times: Ticket in the past few weeks. If you're not familier with them, check out a few songs on MySpace and Bebo.

http://www.myspace.com/theblizzards

http://www.bebo.com/Profile.jsp?MemberId=387014060

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Posts deleted. Please do not discuss MCD gigs on boards.ie. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,024 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

Just finished listening to the album for the first time.

Have been a big fan ever since I stumbled in to Whelans a few years back not knowing what would be on that night and this amazing band came out. First and only time I've ever been blown away by a local band. The energy they had on stage was brilliant, a really class live act. However I've found this album quite underwhelming. Despite what I read somewhere (a review or somewhere on the official site I think) this does not capture the live essence of the band. The production is not good. They've completely taken the edge off the music. It definitely sounds watered down for a more mainstream audience. The new version of Black Hole is pretty poor, they've taken out the big ripping guitar solo at the end. However that would be my only criticism levelled at the band, the rest of my problems lie with how the songs are being presented on this cd.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭Out Of Order

Just finished listening to the album for the first time.

Have been a big fan ever since I stumbled in to Whelans a few years back not knowing what would be on that night and this amazing band came out. First and only time I've ever been blown away by a local band. The energy they had on stage was brilliant, a really class live act. However I've found this album quite underwhelming. Despite what I read somewhere (a review or somewhere on the official site I think) this does not capture the live essence of the band. The production is not good. They've completely taken the edge off the music. It definitely sounds watered down for a more mainstream audience. The new version of Black Hole is pretty poor, they've taken out the big ripping guitar solo at the end. However that would be my only criticism levelled at the band, the rest of my problems lie with how the songs are being presented on this cd.

My thoughts exactly. You've saved me some typing.
    <snip>

• Registered Users Posts: 4,510 ✭✭✭sprinkles

seen them at the phantom launch and thought they were very good. Bought the album since and although it's a good album I'd agree with others that the production seems to lack a bit.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 753 ✭✭✭Font22

wasnt a big fan of the album at first but loving it now, cant stop listening to it. i love love love the last track (i think its a secret one): take me to new york with you. so good. cant stop singing it. in fact the album is getting in the way of me passing my exams!

Font22 wrote:
    i love love love the last track (i think its a secret one): take me to new york with you.

That one's called "First Girl To Leave Town", it would be one of their older tracks. Would definitly agree its a great track though.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭ellenmelon

well..

i got the album for christmas (imported cause im back home in nz..also got iain archers album which is gorgeous) and im not too impressed aye. theyre great live but whoever produced this album failed to get the punchyness of them live onto disc..i mean, i know its not going to be exactly like live but i dunno..its a good album but it'll take a couple of listens to to get used to.

just thought id let ye all know what i thought, even though its been a while since i mentioned it!

Advertisement