Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

car dvd player

Options
  • 13-08-2006 10:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭

have an evervox in car dvd player, but when i switch it on all i get is a high pitched noise and nothing else. anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Rudolph Claus

Where did you buy it. Is it a brand new system or 2nd hand. Has it ever worked. has it the built in motorised screen or a seperate screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 706 ✭✭✭dolittle

nephew gave it to me the problem started when he had it
    it has a built in 6.5 inch pull down screen

• Registered Users Posts: 3,375 ✭✭✭5500

Sounds like a ground issue.

Im not familiar with the particular model,do you have any links to it online?Is it a DIN unit?Is it connected to play via the cars speakers or does it use its own internal amp

all i connected up was the power to the unit and got the noise, the nephew told me he turned on the car one morning and thats how he found it. so basically its doing this without being connected to anything else. i was just wondering was it some type of internal fuse in the unit. its an evervox ev 1508

I cant find any links or specs to it online,does it sit into where your radio is?

How many wires are coming from the unit

• Advertisement

it wont exactly sit in its a double din unit
    there are 8 cables for the speakers,2 for positive, 1 for the ground,1 for backing switch, 1 for brake switch and then one marked auto amp.
    another seperate loom is for audio/video/cd inputs/outputs

1 should be positive and 1 should be ACC,ground it to a bolt behind where it should be sitting.Are you running an additional amp with a wiring kit?

no additional amp just feeding it on its own
    1 acc, 1 battery and 1 ground thats correct but when connected up just a high pitched noise

anyone any ideas

Does the noise match the car's rev's?Like a kind of whine?

All i can think of is a bad ground or interferance,have you tried switch cable spots ect

• Advertisement
Advertisement