Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

This is not an Ad just a query

Options
  • 13-08-2006 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭

I am looking to seel my car privately to finance my buying a car in the UK at one of the car supermarkets, and I have a question which I hope some one on here can help me with...

The car I have is an Opel Vectra CDX Diesel 2.0 DTH, in metallic silver with all black leather interior, air con, electric windows, heated seats, electric mirrors, ABS, Alloy wheels, etc. The millage is only at 38K and reg is 00D, therefore what price should I be looking to advertise the car at?

I really am not sure what to sell it for and because of its excellent ondition this makes it even more difficult. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

If anyone offers you more than €5K take their arm off.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭sysconp1

Perhaps I was hoping a little to much to get constructive comments to my post... I know that 7.5k is a general for a good condition same age diesel, but the extras and condition I hope will raise the bar.

If anyone has further CONSTRUCTIVE comments I would be grateful... thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

I would have thought more than 5k myself. 7.5k would sound like top end although it does have a good spec and low mileage, which I assume you can back-up seeing as the car is 6yrs old?

If you feel your car is worth in excess of 7.5k, then advertise it for what you think. You can only try. Someone will see it and snap it up I would guess fairly quick as its a low mileage diesel.

Go for 7,995 and see where you get from there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭zod

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭overdriver

The Irish car-buying public rely WAY too heavily on the number plate, sadly. It's extras will probably only mean a quicker sale.

Look at Buy& Sell for cars similar to your own, and try adding a little for the spec, see how you get on, but the above post in carzone seems to say it all.

Bear in mind that lots of wifeys out there are all too aware of the year displayed on the reg plate, and subsequently, what people will say about them based on it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Any offer of 5keuros or more and your doing very well to sell it. Its two models old now and heading for 7 years old and not a great seller by all accounts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭gyppo

I'm afraid the other posters are right, and it appears the figure you have in your head is a bit too high.
    When you look at the carzone link and see that the car is a year newer, and the vendor has to warranty it, it leaves your's looking expensive.
    Realistically, I'd advertise it in the B&S for somewhere around 5900, highlight the obvious selling points, and be prepared to come down in price. The spec level on your car sounds good, and it might tempt someone looking for this particular model.
    just my tuppence worth.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

It might be worth approaching some Taxi or Hackney bases especially with the low mileage.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,159 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

sysconp1 wrote:
    I am looking to seel my car privately to finance my buying a car in the UK at one of the car supermarkets, and I have a question which I hope some one on here can help me with...

The car I have is an Opel Vectra CDX Diesel 2.0 DTH, in metallic silver with all black leather interior, air con, electric windows, heated seats, electric mirrors, ABS, Alloy wheels, etc. The millage is only at 38K and reg is 00D, therefore what price should I be looking to advertise the car at?

I really am not sure what to sell it for and because of its excellent ondition this makes it even more difficult. Any help would be appreciated.

As the others have said it is probably worht between €5.5k to €6k. I doubt very much you will get anywhere near €7.5k for a 6.5 year old Vectra. You could advertise at that price and you will soon know if it is too expensive by the amount of interest you receive. Personally, I'd start by advertising it at €6,500 and accept as much over €5,500 for it as possible.

The low mileage, leather and the fact it is a diesel will make it sell a bit quicker but will not increase it's value. Also a "D" reg will make no difference either. As Junkyard said your best audience maybe a hackney/taxi driver.

To be honest I don't think people here are insulting your car, they are just giving you their valuation of it for which you asked. Vectras are not loved in Ireland, I should know I had a similar model years ago and lost a fortune on it in depreciation when I sold it.

Advertisement