Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is the fine summer weather over?

Options
  • 12-08-2006 11:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

Discuss.

I fear so. The outlook is'nt too clever.

Mike.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭iFight

Hopefully not, but it does seem like it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Just found the 9 day pressure predictor. :(

http://weather.unisys.com/gfsx/9panel/gfsx_500p_9panel_eur.gif

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,784 ✭✭✭Dirk Gently

I hope it’s finished anyway. Can't stand heat and humidity. 20 degrees and a bit of a breeze is warm enough for me. That little spell we had back in July was too much for my liking.

edit: thats a beautiful pressure map there Mike. Keep them high pressure red spots well away. :)

When the summer heat started it was killing me, while I still hate humidity I've found I can cope with the heat okay now. Today though was just plain cold.

I have a jumper on. How autumn is that? :(

Mike.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

This July was one of the hotest ever and this August looks like being one of the coldest ever (exception of last saturday).
    It was only 14C here today and yesterday, we've had days that warm in January.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

I sit here freezing in my house! And am extremely tempted to put on
    the heating! Its August 12th! How fickle our climate is!

The outlook is not good but our usual Indian Summer looks likely.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,033 ✭✭✭Snowbie

We always seem to get our good weather back for september.Our indian summer.
    August is usually our warmest month.Half over now and its been a bit on the chilly side.Once the rain holds off im generally happy.Anyway wishful thinking.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,753 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

yep very disapointing August so far, feels more like March but at least its dryish

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,498 ✭✭✭Mothman

Some stats!, just went through the monthly data on Met Eireann site.(Birr and Casement unavailable) Temp for Aug up to and inc 12th. Generally about 1C ABOVE average. At all stations, average temp so far is above the average for the whole of Aug last year.

So far with me, the average for Aug is above July... which includes this mornings very low temp.

Why? because the nights have been relatively mild, though I've also had 9 days above 20C.

Back to this morning, very chilly 5.6C, which is nearly lowest in my station records for August.

Mothman wrote:
    Back to this morning, very chilly 5.6C, which is nearly lowest in my station records for August.
    Yes,the min here was 6.1c at 605am

• Advertisement

Amazing what 8 hours of sun can do though! :) Lovely weather here most of the day.

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭Danno

Maxed at 15.8c here today - brrrr.

any sign of any decent sunny warm weather coming soon? almost 3 weeks of cool weather now the july heatwave is becoming a distant memory:( I cud give anything to be back in 27C+ sunshine days.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,677 ✭✭✭✭nacho libre

it will probably take up again in early September/late August. I doubt though the temperatures will reach above the mid 20's. On average ireland gets a spell of hot weather, like we did in July, ever 10- 11 years.

Advertisement