Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

keyboard problems

Options
  • 12-08-2006 9:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭

got a laptop secomd hand on here just recently. toshiba satellite M30

keyboard has gone a bit fooked on me. 1 key doesn't want to work. or when it does it goes haywired

googled the problem. seems answer is new keyboard. could be worse could be the controller.

laptop is under a 2year Harvey Norman extended warranty. 1 year just coming to a finish.
    questions are:
    1: since i bought it secand hand does the warranty still cover the laptop?
    2: has anyone had prior dealings with respect to repairs with harvey norman swords shop before?

and if anyone has had any similar problems with a toshiba satellite give me a shout.
    TIA

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

I think the seller would have to transfer the warranty over to yourself, its pretty simple just a name and address change type form afaik. Not sure about the second part of your question.

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

cheers Ruu. thats what i was thinking. I have the original receipt from harvey normans so i have all the details of the warrenty.

on an aside, has anyone used "@Laptopparts.ie" before?
    hey seem to have some great value deals on laptop parts

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭macroman

just bring it up to them, they will be reluctant at first (everyone is though :D ) but just give your 2 cents - Under Warrenty, the 3 R's etc.... If you aint too fussed on what is on it they MIGHT offer you a exchange against the current face value of it. But that only happens when it is too expensive to fix. I had a prob with a iPod i bought from them. I assume their laptop policy is simular

• Registered Users Posts: 928 ✭✭✭jabberwock

thing is i live in galway. and i leave the country in a little over 3 weeks.
    part is only €55 at laptopparts.ie ( which is miles cheaper than anywhere else)

Advertisement