Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bending Lid

Options
  • 12-08-2006 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,836 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    I think my laptop screen, the lid part of it, might be bending slightly. It's an Acer Aspire 5020. If I look at it from the top down, I can see a slight bend. When it's closed over, the right and left side of it can be pushed down a bit. Has anyone else experienced this? My warranty is going to be up soon and I'm wondering should I do something about it before it's too late.

Also, there is a little blodge in the middle of the screen that is brighter than the rest of the screen. It's very hard to notice but it's definitely there. It just makes that bit of the screen ever so slightly brighter than the rest. I'm not sure if this may be a result of the bending or not. Probably not.

Annnd... some of the paint on the back side of the screen at the bottom, is cracked. And I can feel a slight bump.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,396 ✭✭✭✭Karoma

Possibly overheating, possibly normal, possibly typical wear'n'tear-not-covered-by-warranty. Post photographs. Start discussing it with Acer support (Best to have it on record that there may be an issue within warranty either way. Just be careful not to commit to any statements that might suggest user damage at this time. Also, review your warranty T&C.)

Advertisement