Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stargate SG:1 - 10x05 - Uninvited [SPOILERS]

Options
  • 12-08-2006 1:11pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭

199 (I'm really just waiting for next weeks currently) - and what did you make of it. etc...

What Did You Think of Stargate: SG-1 - 10x05 - Uninvited? 22 votes

Amazing episode - I believe in S10
    0%
    Good episode - We're moving along well
    9%
    DingChavezmadmike18 2 votes
    Average - So I know I'll Forget It
    22%
    GerardKeatingixoyUser45701senordingdongalastair_doom 5 votes
    Poor - Defintetely worried about this show
    54%
    VenomIvanbkehoePugsleyKevokVultureBernsSparkoIompairdemanKojakThe Filth 12 votes
    Awful - Please stop the show!!
    13%
    Wintersthelordofcheeseis_that_so 3 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I thought this was pretty decent. Plot wise, there wasn't too much to it - wasn't much a fan of the Sodan and the Trust is a little over-used. But on a character level it worked - probably the best episode for both Mitchell and Landry that we've had and I appreciated their awkwardness in the cabin.

Sam was also on top form as she essentially led the SGC for the day and Vala, toned down, worked well at trying to ingratiate herself into the team whilst still saying true to what we've seen before.

Sure the creature was a little naff but this episode was mostly about the characters. As a result, it worked well for me - kudos to Mr. Kindler.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Not a bad episode, but and there is a but, there have been to damm many filler episodes so far this season and instead we should be seeing more episode that are spent playing up how bad the new ori super chick leader is.

Mitchell and Landry suck. Boring as **** characters that interest me as much as watching paint dry. Vala is fine in toned down mode tho so I hope this is a new trend. Teal'c and Carter were grand as usual but there just not enough to keep the show interesting and fun imho.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 527 ✭✭✭madmike18

Good episode - We're moving along well
    this was a good episode,

it was not just a filler but to get into mitchell and landry's characters.

it was a decent episode overall and we know that the thrust are still at it always.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Was a good enough Ep - Vala starting to come into on the sane side a bit more. Reminds me of Jonas Quinn character at the start maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Awful - Please stop the show!!
    Not great but better than last one. Still makes me wonder where the season is meandering to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

good episode i loved the small poker scene at the end hopefully they will have the odd few games during the season
    twud be nice

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

Decent enough episode, I found it a nice change from the usual 'oh no the world is doomed' sort of approach, no members of SG1 were really seriously threatened, I dont think any SGC personnel died. I kind of liked the awkwardness of the scenes in the cabin aswell, pretty realistic Id say considering the situation, its also good to see Vala starting to fit in an episode at a time. Overall nothing you cant miss in it, but worth watching to pass an hour imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

I thought the best part was when it ended. Roll on an episode with less Landry and more of the PROPER, FULL SG1.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭OmegaRed

i enjoyed the ep as a single one but in the course of S10, I dunno.. as was said above, to many fillers.

Did anyone see that the monster scanners were PSP's? go back and look. Nice use of props!

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭Iompair

They kinda looked like PSPs, but when I looked closely I don't think they were.

Maybe if they were being help upside down and with a few retouchs to the design.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

ixoy wrote:
    Vala, toned down, worked well at trying to ingratiate herself into the team whilst still saying true to what we've seen before.

I have to disagree...I think she was just as irritating as before.
    It was even more irritating to see Mitchell and Landry, two weeks in a row, talking about 'a clear chain of command'....yet Vala is allowed ****e on like a fekcin ejit. Mouthing off at a full Colonel (why the hell wasn't he in charge of the base aswell!?1!) and she was mouthing off at a godamn general. If I am to accept her position on the team then we damn well better see some repremanding (sp?).

However, the devlopment was good, the story was interesting and the twists were good. I hate the trust as much as anyone but their involvment in this episode wasn't too bad. I like the Sodan and would have liked to see more of them. All but one of the twists were good (I loved the twsit with the Sherrif getting mauled but I hated the twist about the bugs being from another dimension...they should have been created by the Ori) and the creature did look a bit naff...but it was well for a t.v. show.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,801 ✭✭✭✭Kojak

I have to disagree...I think she was just as irritating as before.
    It was even more irritating to see Mitchell and Landry, two weeks in a row, talking about 'a clear chain of command'....yet Vala is allowed ****e on like a fekcin ejit. Mouthing off at a full Colonel (why the hell wasn't he in charge of the base aswell!?1!) and she was mouthing off at a godamn general. If I am to accept her position on the team then we damn well better see some repremanding (sp?).

However, the devlopment was good, the story was interesting and the twists were good. I hate the trust as much as anyone but their involvment in this episode wasn't too bad. I like the Sodan and would have liked to see more of them. All but one of the twists were good (I loved the twsit with the Sherrif getting mauled but I hated the twist about the bugs being from another dimension...they should have been created by the Ori) and the creature did look a bit naff...but it was well for a t.v. show.

Weren't the sodan all killed by one of their own lads who was transformed into an animal creature by a Prior at the end of season 9.

I thought the thing between landry and mitchell was just filler - if it had to be done it should have been done last season when we were just discovering the new characters.

Vala was her old annoying self again - she really needs to be put in her place. She has no military rank or experience for that matter yet she seems to be taking charge of team meetings and shouting up before recognized officers.

If this was supposed to be Colonel O'Neill's old house how the hell did it not look anything like the old place (inside at least)??

The episode was fair enough, nothing spectacular but, IMO, there have been far worse offerings since season 9 started.

Kojak wrote:
    Weren't the sodan all killed by one of their own lads who was transformed into an animal creature by a Prior at the end of season 9.
    They were yeah. I was just saying, they would have been a decent addition to the new fight. That reminds me...why the hell aren't we seeing battles with Ori soldiers!?!?
    How many episodes did we see Sg-1 and Jaffa shooting up the place and now nothing!!!
    We better see some soon or the Ori threat will start to seem watered down.
    Kojak wrote:
    If this was supposed to be Colonel O'Neill's old house how the hell did it not look anything like the old place (inside at least)??
    It wasn't Jack's house...just his cabin.

Also...one other thing I didn't like about the epsiode....the creatures all appearing simultaneously was a bit 'iffy'.

• Registered Users Posts: 82,252 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Landry's mating call 'made' this episode for me :D

sadly though this episode was just another filler..Imagine if the show had actually made it through 200 episodes without filler or clip show? How far along would we be now?

If only they knew they were being cancelled...they could have churned out some better episodes. Hopefully this means the second half of the season will be great.

Advertisement