Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mac Book Networked with Compaq laptop

Options
  • 12-08-2006 8:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I have a Compaq Pentium 4 Windows XP Laptop at home. I am finding that my kids are using the computer more and more often. I would like to upgrade the system and see a lot of people recommending the MAC. Is it advisable (or possible) to network the Mac with the laptop?
    I also have an older laptop with an ethernet slot. Should I just network it?

Thanks for any help - I used to be really up to date on the computer stuff but I have fallen back in recent years.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Who is the MacBook for? The kids? Nah just net up the old lappie and let em off, remembering to keep an eye on them of course.

The MacBook will have no prob networking with PC if its running OSX as that is really just a *NIX varient and SMB/SAMBA has been built in to the OS.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dixiefly

Thanks for that response.
    I was thinking of usin the Mac myself and getting to know some of its features etc. Would use it for photos, videos, music downloads and some but not a lot work.

Advertisement