Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Top Gear in Mayo

Options
  • 12-08-2006 12:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭

Top Gear team were filming in Mayo last week. The new Bentley models went on show for the first time in Knock Airport of all places where all the media came to look. Test drives were taken on the grounds of Ashford Castle.
    Next series of Top Gear should should show it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

This isn't the first time they've filmed in Ireland. A good while back they done a review of the new MX-5 in the Wicklow mountains (or maybe it was somewhere else in Ireland, can't honestly remember).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,125 ✭✭✭lightening

A greyhound track I think...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Thats right they were at Harolds Cross racing a "hare" or was it a greyhound?

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,233 ✭✭✭KeRbDoG

They also filmed a piece about british racing and how the 'british racing green' came about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭Silvera

Good to hear the Top Gear team were over here!

I had forgotten about the time they did the MX-5 piece.

Didn't they also do a piece about the Irish-built 'Shamrock' car ? (The car that looks like a 60's american car, but has a little Austin engine!)

IIRC, this is the actual car they drove (which I photographed at Mosney Show a few years ago) ....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Ah the Bathtub Corvair! It was certainly featured on a UK motoring prog.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭AJ!

Skyuser wrote:
    The new Bentley models went on show for the first time in Knock Airport of all places where all the media came to look.
    What model was it? The Continental GTC?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Max_Damage wrote:
    This isn't the first time they've filmed in Ireland. A good while back they done a review of the new MX-5 in the Wicklow mountains (or maybe it was somewhere else in Ireland, can't honestly remember).
    Yes, it was definitely Wicklow ... I recognised it, they were driving over the Wicklow Gap road from Glendalough.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

Silvera wrote:
    Didn't they also do a piece about the Irish-built 'Shamrock' car ? (The car that looks like a 60's american car, but has a little Austin engine!)

IIRC, this is the actual car they drove (which I photographed at Mosney Show a few years ago) ....

The Irish car program 'Drive' done a piece on the Shamrock many years back I remember. Man that show was rubbish!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭Skyuser

Anyone know what epsiode this will be shown?

• Advertisement
Advertisement