Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar Bargains.com

Options
  • 11-08-2006 5:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭

Hey,

so any of you that were in the "importing guitars from the us" thread will know I'm gonna be buying a new guitar from guitarbargains.com in the coming weeks. *tips hat to KH*

Just wondering if anyone has dealt with them before? What were yer experiences with them? How long did they take to get what you ordered to your door? Did you find them reliable? Would you recommend them? Or if theres anything else you think might be of relevence to me, please post it up.

Danke

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I ordered a guitar from the before, it arrived in 2 days. Very prompt. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 286 ✭✭!_Brian_!

2 days?! Excellent!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Pod XT Live took 1 day to arrive. Shipping was pricey though. The pod was 100Euro cheaper than it was on Thomann though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

Ridicuous shipping last time i checked, like €40 for a pedal. Be sure to factor in shipping when doing price comparisons

86 euro shipping on the guitar and hardcase which I would of thought of as reasonable?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,984 ✭✭✭Johnny Storm

FYI €15 shipping from thomann.de

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

To be fair, €15 from thomann and it takes about 7-8 days. €86 from Guitarbargains and you get it in 2 days and it still works out cheaper (usually). You get what you pay for imo.

thats cheap alright but it still works out cheaper from guitarbargains by about 65 quid incl shipping

Also I notice guitarbargains will give you a free case if the guit doesnt already come with one which is pretty good. They also use UPS for shipping who are very good and fast as feylya says.

PS Is it just me or does guitarbargains have the worst website in the world?

Na, Chris's website is worse. He would benefit so much from a nice CMS.

• Advertisement

its acting some bitch now .... just as I'm trying to order the bloody thing!!! Arrragh!!!! :mad:

feylya wrote:
    Na, Chris's website is worse. He would benefit so much from a nice CMS.
    Have to severely disagree with you there, Feylya. :)
    Chris has beautiful pics, meaningful descriptions and his site is quite fast. (I dont know what a CMS is. ;) )

Don't get me wrong, his pics and descriptions are fantastic and it's fast but it's a nightmare to find anything. A CMS is like a news posting thing, like you'd see on something like www.halflife2.net (or www.feylya.com ;)). It just means that he can post up his guitars and they'll automatically be moved to the correct group after a day or two. Plus he wouldn't have to edit any HTML as he does at the moment.

feylya wrote:
    Don't get me wrong, his pics and descriptions are fantastic and it's fast but it's a nightmare to find anything. A CMS is like a news posting thing, like you'd see on something like www.halflife2.net (or www.feylya.com ;)). It just means that he can post up his guitars and they'll automatically be moved to the correct group after a day or two. Plus he wouldn't have to edit any HTML as he does at the moment.
    I hear what you're sayin' Feylya.
    OTOH Considering poor ol' Chris can't even read his emails I doubt he'll be installing a CMS system any time soon :rolleyes:

He should spend the money and get a webmaster :p

Anyone in mind? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

I find chris's website great, simple and effective. As for searching the site, ctrl + f works fine for me

Advertisement