Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Direct Flight Dublin-Toronto Xmas '06

• 11-08-2006 4:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭

Hey, does anyone know how one goes about chartering an airplane?! I'm fed up having to fly off to the back arse of nowhere to get a connecting flight to Toronto outside the May - October season. I travel to see my family in Toronto pretty often and I'm sure there are other Canadians or even other people who'd love to be able to fly direct to Toronto any time of year. At this stage, I'm just thinking of Christmas and I'm pretty sure if there was a return flight Dublin - Toronto for 10 days, I'd be able to fill it. Call me crazy but any ideas?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

How about BMI? They fly from Dublin->Heathrow->Toronto. Not direct, but not too shabby.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Nina_Angelica

I'm faced w/ this problem every year for the last 4 years :)
    For me it's the opposite this year as I'm going to Cork from Toronto to visit fiancé's family! (Last year we connected in Amsterdam coming to Toronto, what a bore, 4 hours connecting time!!).

Can't really suggest anything though as I've never thought about anything but scheduled flying for those specific times of year.
    I'd reckon that it'd be pretty costly though to hire out a plane (if one was able), even if you had a good sized group!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Teamhair

Yeah, I've done the Amsterdam connection, the Chicago connection, the Paris connection and the London connection thing too and it's rapidly becoming a pain in the rear. With the current climate I'd like to avoid the UK and the US. Anyway, it was just a crazy thought that came into my head. People do charter planes though, for football events and the like. I've seen ads in the paper and figured I could probably do the same! Plan was to get enough people, fix a price and then cream enough so my partner and I could travel for free! Ah well, Christmas in Schipol again. Could be worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭jjbrien

Air Transat do a special xmas charter to Belfast over the xmas period so do zoom. They normally dont publish thier xmas flight until October. I would try travel cuts for cheap flights they do have some good rates and can book air transat, zoom and all airlines. they have access to speical rates. Try the Travel Cuts on Church St ask for Hilary shes very good she got me home last year quite cheaply so I was hapy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 142 ✭✭Teamhair

Thats cool- I'll give them a try in a month or so. I suppose getting to Belfast isn't the worst. Still beats having to grab a connection somewhere in the opposite direction! Thanks for that!

• Advertisement
Advertisement