Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guitar sound advice needed

• 11-08-2006 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭

Recently I came across this video lesson by Kristofer Dahl. The lesson is a lesson, but I'm wondering how to get to sound like this? His sound is very sustained and bright, and I could never achieve such sound - only remember once a few years ago I was playing with a tube distortion that gave me something similar.
    I use Ibanez RG1570, Marshall JH-1 and a Peavey Envoy 110. I'm not very experienced player, but don't tell me it's just me. Something is wrong with the rig (Envoy?). Any advice please?

PS: I've sent an email to Kris, but haven't got anything back so far :(

Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Yeah, I'd say the Peavey isn't doing you any favours, and your Marshall pedal is probably only painting over dirt so to speak. You might want to invest in an amp with some decent natural distortion.

Or if money's an object, might I just a Roland Microcube? I'm sitting here, guitar in lap, plugged into a microcube and getting some excellent tone. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭stas

Thanks a lot, Karl! I was lost: was going to replace pickups with EMG81, change distortion... and as the amp is the biggie it was going to be the last thing :rolleyes: In fairness, I was suspecting the amp from the start, but I'm not brave enough to go to the shops to try other ones :D
    Is it this Microcube you're talking about? I was thinking more of a this type of thing in a long run, but I'm not exactly a gigging musician, so maybe this'd be okay for home practice. Do you know if they have Microcube in any of the Dublin's shops so I could try it?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

They have a red one in Musician Inc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭Duff_Man

ah cant go wrong with the micro-cube! amazin little amp! that marshall looks gd too but if ur not giggin u wont need one that big! dont want the neighbours complainin:Phaha

Well, yeah, you see I can't even play loud (so can't take advantage of amp's distortion anyhow!) due to having a small kid :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

May I just say big thanks to Karl and guys here in the thread as I got the Microcube last week and I just can't get enough of it! Absolutely brilliant!
    I wish I could buy you a pint!!

stas wrote:
    May I just say big thanks to Karl and guys here in the thread as I got the Microcube last week and I just can't get enough of it! Absolutely brilliant!

Congrats! Glad you're loving it. You've now got access to the super-sekrit Microcube Forum!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Welcome to our Microcoven

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

stas wrote:

Thanks to the power of the Internet, you can! http://www.realbeers.ie/

Actually, seeing as the Microcube board is growing, I think it's time for a Microbeers :D

Beer From Ireland
    Our apologies. We do not appear to have any beers from this location in stock at present.
    On an Irish site! :confused:

• Advertisement

You can go ahead and get me this. Thanks. ;)

and there was I saying "a pint" :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,228 ✭✭✭bluto63

might aswell go the whole hog and get this

Advertisement