Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ahh, that tingle of anticipation...

Options
  • 11-08-2006 3:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭

Playing the O'Meara at Carton House at 6.00pm... Looking forward to it in a big way - even got me a new bag today (very fancy, so it is!) and I can't think of a nicer place to give it it's first outing... One of my favourite treks anywhere...

Just hope the rain keeps off! :( :rolleyes: :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 369 ✭✭GreenHorn

Rain kept off thankfully and after a terribly erratic front nine, I turned 5 stapleford points behind my buddy (Carton member)... But, the back side started solidly and after a couple of good bogies (shots on both) I drove the green at the 12th (big drive pitched on downslope and ran maybe 50yds) and two-putted for birdie (no shot - 3 pts) to take the lead for first time since 3rd or 4th hole.

Lead swung back and fort til 17 when I made a putt from bout three feet to take a 1pt lead into the 18 (it was tippin toward darkness by now - on 18, we either hit it near the fairway or lost it!)... We both made fairly sloppy doubles (me and my three putts :( ) on 18 but it was enough for an admittedly rare 1pt win over my playin partner who whinged all the way to the car! :D:D:D

Advertisement