Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ferrari 355 or MR2

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

Car A is the replica
    I'm 100% certain

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭SGKM

Its A,you can see that its narrower and has different wing mirrors to the real 355 which is B.

• Registered Users, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,515 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

Car A is replica , in the front facing photo the lines are all wrong . (I think) ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

A is the MR2, the real 355 (B) has a longer wheelbase.

(a few people in this forum have tried in the past to argue a real F355 which I photographed at the dealers was a fake!!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

A is MR2 - it's cut short at the back, the front is pointier and there's a sharper angle on the back window... I hate MR2 replicas, tehre's a few bad ones on carzone

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭AJ!

A is the replica. All of the reasons above and...

The roofline obviously. The side intake isn't the right shape.

355xxxxxxxxsidexa1.jpg

It's got the MR2 targa top which doesn't look anything like the 355 GTS top. And look at the door!

355xxxxxxtargaib4.jpg

It's nowhere near as wide or as high up as the 355.

355xxxxxxxxic6.jpg

The only thing that the MR2's got going for it are the wheels. I'm glad to see that they're the real thing instead of the cheap 5-spoke alloys you usually see on them

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I think it's A too; just doesn't look right, despite the 355 reg!

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I remember talking to a guy at the motorsport show in the RDS who made a Ferrari replica kit car (can't remember model).
    He had been threatened legally by Ferrari for using their trademark and patents.

• Registered Users Posts: 548 ✭✭✭TJM

The MR2 is a good looking car in its own right - it's a shame to try to make it into something it's not.

Not to mention that for the money spent on a project like this the seller could have had a genuine 308:
    http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/cars_search.asp?modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&make=FERRARI&model=308&min_pr=75&max_pr=&mileage=&agerange=&postcode=wc1h+0dp&miles=1500&max_records=200&source=0&photo=1&sort=3&ukcarsearch_full=SEARCH

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭Gatster

A = replica, but really, why would you bother?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,013 ✭✭✭Wolverine_1999

Yeah, definately A. The second I saw the first picture you noticed that the tail end on A doesn't go up that far, and looks kind of cut off..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Dooom

I never got why people'd do this...with the money you saved from not making your MR2 look like a 355, you could've bought a 355!
    Well, you might've had to throw in a few extra euro...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

TJM wrote:
    The MR2 is a good looking car in its own right - it's a shame to try to make it into something it's not.

Not to mention that for the money spent on a project like this the seller could have had a genuine 308:
    http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/WWW/cars_search.asp?modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&make=FERRARI&model=308&min_pr=75&max_pr=&mileage=&agerange=&postcode=wc1h+0dp&miles=1500&max_records=200&source=0&photo=1&sort=3&ukcarsearch_full=SEARCH

Yeah doesn't make any sense at all. Its very obvious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

The replica is cheaper to run long term though, I remember taking a Ferrari I had to the U.K. to get serviced a few years ago and it cost me nearly 4k Sterling including cambelts admittedly, scarey stuff.:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Spike wrote:
    I never got why people'd do this...with the money you saved from not making your MR2 look like a 355, you could've bought a 355!
    Well, you might've had to throw in a few extra euro...

This kit is fairly old now. If im righ i think it was MCR rallying who developed the kit, and subsequently got their arses sued for it by ferrari. The kit cost 5k sterling and replaces practicially every body panel. If you find a old max power or fast car from about 7 years ago you will see this kit in it.

A=fake
    B=real

• Registered Users Posts: 4,142 ✭✭✭TempestSabre

junkyard wrote:
    The replica is cheaper to run long term though, I remember taking a Ferrari I had to the U.K. to get serviced a few years ago and it cost me nearly 4k Sterling including cambelts admittedly, scarey stuff.:eek:

Personally I think a mint MR2 Turbo is cooler than the replica. And if it isn't cool whats the point of a replica? Unless you are walter mitty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

Horses for courses.:)

Advertisement