Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Valeting Companies

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I use Pat Browne Valeting. He has a mobile unit so will come to you and I've seen cars cleaned to a 'new' condition. He's not the cheapest, but he is good. Call Pat on 087 260 2940.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,144 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Getting the batmobile cleaned Bruce? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭green-blood

I'd love to go into that business myself, witha proper mobile unit... detailing not just valeting.

Just dont have the cash or balls to go and set up, and I dont hink Irish people will pay for the service, I saw a 06 S class going through a brush wash this morning - NUTS

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Mayshine

Hi I do this sort of thing for a hobby - I can get amazing results - although it takes time

I helps to invest in some good equipment. I have a porter cable 7424 - do a google on it - With the right pads and polishes/wax, ginving your car a clay its amazing - Unfortunatly for the hobbiest it only available in the US running on 110V, so its quite expensive to import.

Also I have different pad and compound and polishes. I am thinking about getting into the business but good premisies are holding me back as well as the lack if interest in the Irish consumer, but there are a lot of expensive cars out there and I think they do pay for valets - I need to start convincing people to spend their money on a detailing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I get good results with a power washer and a lot of elbow grease in my driveway!

The guy in the link is fantastic though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64,891 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Mayshine wrote:
    I do this sort of thing for a hobby

Wanna do mine? :)
    Mayshine wrote:
    I have a porter cable 7424 - do a google on it

I did:

The Porter Cable 7424 most closely mimics circular hand polishing. Imagine being able to make 2,500 to 6,000 tight hand circles in a single minute and you’ll have a pretty good idea of how the Porter Cable 7424 does its job. It works just like your hand, only at super-human speed! To put the beauty of this machine into complete perspective, it works 100 times faster than a buff athlete, but it never gets tired!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,269 ✭✭✭MercMad

Try Flawless Finish. Sorry dont have the number, they are Malahide & Sandyford !

They work right beside me here and there is an amazing selection of cars all week coming in, SL55, Astons, Rollers, Ferraris, Maseratis and lots of Vintage stuff too !

Its a good business to be in, folk in general are prepared to take care of their expensive cars nowdays, much more than a few years ago !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Mayshine

unkel wrote:
    Wanna do mine? :)

I'd be happy to - PM me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 944 ✭✭✭Big Balls

I dont think Irish people will pay for the service,

Couldn't be further from the truth. :)

Guy I know of runs Beacon Valeting in Sandyford. Very good quality of work and he seems to be surviving quite nicely.

Advertisement