Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sandyford To Marlay Park

Options
  • 11-08-2006 9:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭

Hi All,

Does anyone know the best way to get to marlay park from Sandyford with public transport. I know i can go back to the city centre but i'd prefer not to if i can.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 34 janney5

The only bus that goes directly to Marley Park would be the 16, so thats no good to you. I'd say get the Luas from Sandyford to the Dundrum Luas stop or the 44 bus to Dundrum Village. Then from there get the 14/14a/48a from the village to Superquinn Balinteer and it's a straight 5/10min walk from there. Confusing I know, buts it's not the easiest to place to get to from Sandyford by public transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭KC61

And if you are coming from Sandyford Industrial Estate area there is the 75 bus from Kilmacud Road Upper via Dundrum which also serves the same stops as the 14/14A/48A in Ballinteer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

I wonder are you thinking of the concerts in the park and travelling to them?

Given that the area will be busy enough, why not walk down? Left into the estate at the IMI (Which the name of escapes me right now, is is) will bring you down to the roundabout at Wesley College, leaving you a 10 minute walk to the Park. The entrance to the concerts last year was at the top of the park, so just follow the wall of the park and you will get there sooner or later.

If it's any easier, you can walk to the top of the park via Lamb Doyles pub, this road will bring you to Taylors Hotel which is at the top of the park as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,511 ✭✭✭dave2pvd

Parkvale in Balally?

I've had to deal with the Marlay Park to Sandyford connundrum for years. Surprising that with the population explosion there, there are no new bus routes. The 75 was the last new route that I know of.....15 years ago?

You could walk it. If you are thinking concert, you'll neverpick up a 75 - they'll all be full because there will be no extra busses laid on.

The only solution to this route my brothers and I could ever come up with was the bicycle.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭robfitz

Where exactly in Sandyford and Marlay Park? Would you cycle?

There is an off roadway cycle track which goes from Moreen Estate along the M50 slip road, past the Balinteer M50 exit and along Grange Road to Marlay Park. Should be able to cycle it in about 10-15 minutes.

There is also the route by Lamb Cross, but the roads a bit on the narrow side, I wouldn't recommend it if your not a very confident cyclist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

ye i live in ballinteer(right beside marlay park) and id say janney5's way is best.
    get the luas to dundrum and get the 48a/14/14a to superquinn in ballinteer and its only a walk up a straight road(under 5 mins):)

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭sailorfoley

Hey all,

yes as you have all probably guessed i am off to a few gigs in Marley park. I am going to Morrissey this evening and then Radiohead on thursday - going to be a good week i think!!!!

The 14 / 14A bus route to Ballinteer sounds like the easiet and a 5 / 10 minute walk from there wont kill me!! Just a quick question, whats the name of the road i walk up from the Superquinn in Ballinteer towards the park?

Thanks for all your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭robfitz

Just a quick question, whats the name of the road i walk up from the Superquinn in Ballinteer towards the park?

Ballinteer Avenue

Advertisement