Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sketch show

Options
  • 10-08-2006 11:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭

I'm just wondering if anyone out there would be interested in writing a few sketches for a sketch show I'm putting together called 'Men In The Nude' (and thats just the title, nobody will be naked)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Jayhaitch

What type of show is it? For T.V. or stage?
    And what type of humour are you looking for? Kinda Fast show/Little Britain catchphrasey type of stuff or a more surreal, Big train type of thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭segarox

Kinda Fast Show like stuff and I'm gonna try and sell it to RTE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

I'm interested.

cool... and i'm gonna try and have a few catchphrases in there too e.g. Unlucky Alf's 'Ah bugger'. That was only an example, I wouldn't put that into the show...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

I would be interested alright.

Sketch shows are notoriously hard to write. (As is all good comedy I suppose).

Have you any interesting central ideas/themes/format already planned out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

I have a few 1 minute sketches, not filmed just written. It's kind of wierd comedy though, you have to know what it's taking the piss out of.

[QUOTE=Jeff_Lebowski}Have you any interesting central ideas/themes/format already planned out?[/QUOTE]

To be honest, I hadn't really thought about it. I had several ideas for sketches like spoof ads i.e. Cillit Bang Laxative Capsules, a special bulletin sketch where the newsreader would say something stupid like 'This just in, Michael Jackson admits that he uses glue on his nose. Film at 11', a parody of Brainiac called 'Extreme Science' where they would do crap experiments e.g. seeing if a hard-boiled egg would remain intact if dropped from 50 feet and a guy who shows people the difference between doing things by accident and on purpose e.g. 'let me tell you, using your towel this morning was an accident now this <punches the woman in the face> that was on purpose. Oh and I did have an idea for Resident Evil sketch which I would save for another time.

Da Bounca wrote:
    I have a few 1 minute sketches, not filmed just written.

I'd love to read them, if you can send them to my address im2wexy@hotmail.com and don't worry about filming them not yet anyway

I also want to do musical sketches to finish each episode... everything from spoofing recent hits to totally original comedy songs. By the way, I'll be starting a 'Computing in Multimedia' course in IADT soon.

Advertisement