Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

PSA (Cit/Pug) 2.0 HDI good or bad?

Options
  • 10-08-2006 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭

Hi guys

Looking at another car tomorrow. Its 02 Citroen 2.0 HDI (not sure if its 90 or 110 hp yet) with 80 k miles.

I'm under the impression that this Diesel engine is supposed to be a goddun.

Am I right / wrong?
    Anything peculiar to watch out for?

As always ...thanks sages for your input.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Just bought a 306 2.0 HDi and love it.

Seems to be good engine (touch wood) so far. 50+ mpg.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

The pug HDI engines have got a very good reputation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,543 ✭✭✭maidhc

PSA always made pretty good engines. The cars dont always last as long as the powerplant though. Having said that my uncle put a 306 through pure hell as a builders(and farmers!) runabout when he should have had a 4x4 for the work and it survived well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

I had a Citroen Dispatch 2.0 HDI van I bought new in 04 and the thing was a rocket to go and brilliant on fuel, I couldn't recommend one higher....and believe me thats some achievement to get from me.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

The 2.0 HDi is a great engine, I'd definitely recommend it. Very smooth to drive with great fuel economy. I've driven the 90 and 110 in 306's, 307's, 406's, Partners and Berlingos and have always found it to be a strong engine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

Ah balls ....:mad:

Would have bought it ...

... had it been as advertised. But "all of a sudden" it had no AC, no CD Player
    and 10.000 miles more ...

http://www.carzone.ie/usedcars/index.cfm?fuseaction=car&carid=471384

And then of course we couldn't quite agree on the price anymore.

Seems I'll be stuck with the Jimny forever :D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 65,030 ✭✭✭✭unkel

peasant wrote:
    But "all of a sudden" it had no AC, no CD Player
    and 10.000 miles more ...

That's shocking! What some people think they may get away with :rolleyes:

I hope you discovered this over the phone and not after organising your finances and driving over to meet the seller?

Anyway, their loss. The Xsara is a dull car imho although the HDI is a fine engine.

unkel wrote:
    I hope you discovered this over the phone and not after organising your finances and driving over to meet the seller?

Anyway, their loss. The Xsara is a dull car imho although the HDI is a fine engine.

Naaa ..had to drive all the way to Longford.

And yes, the Xsara is a very dull car ...but with good spec it would have been adequate for my needs (and sort of cheap at that price)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

If a 206 isn't too small, give me a shout. A friend has a '01 206hdi with ac/cd with steering controls/alloys with 4 new tyres/front fogs/ew/sports pack with nice seats/multi airbags/remote locks/2 keys/blue/3 door/service history/42k for sale - mint car. Belonged to a school teacher in the north iirc, then another friend of mine down here. Have driven it myself - very quick and economical.

Mods - if this is classed as advertising, PM me and I'll remove it.

Thanks fey

but the 206 is indeed too small or rather no bigger than what I already have

• Advertisement
Advertisement