Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tournaments with 30min+ levels??

Options
  • 10-08-2006 1:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭

Ok, I haven't played much lately, but when I hit the local tourney scene again my plan is to only play games with 30min+ levels. The only game I know with this length of levels is the Fitz EOM, so can anyone point me in the direction of any other 30min+ games?

Edit: Online games considered as well.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,533 ✭✭✭ollyk1

Ok, I haven't played much lately, but when I hit the local tourney scene again my plan is to only play games with 30min+ levels. The only game I know with this length of levels is the Fitz EOM, so can anyone point me in the direction of any other 30min+ games?

Edit: Online games considered as well.

Vegas nights EOM game Lenny. Has 30 minute levels all the way and starts at 1pm on a Sunday generally. It is self deal which slows it down a little but the standard of dealing by the players is pretty good, its generally 8 handed and there is generally a tasty sprinkling of very bad players with a great structure so don't let the self deal put you off.

I've missed the last few myself for various reasons but its one of the best and most fun games around and I'll be back for sure.

Edit: Obviously it goes without saying to you Lenny but others may not be aware of the JJP festival coming up which looks like being an absolute cracker with 45 minute levels in the €300 game. Sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭aodea

the jackpot tuesday game 100 freeze out is half hour clock all night and is a great game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭smurph

Green Joker Poker run a €250 Freeze Out, atThe Boyne Valley Hotel, Drogheda on the first Sunday of each month.

Average Payout €30,000

2pm Start

Registration from 12.30pm

7500 starting chips

30 minute levels

Dealer's provided

Winner gets a ticket to play in their festival of poker in November, details are on their website www.greenjokerpoker.com

€215 of entry fee is added to the prize pool. €35 is registration which covers expenses and meal.

Single table tournaments run all day, entry from €50 - €500.

Tournament Director - Mike Lacey (shortstack who is over in Vegas at moment with Tom covering a small tournament on Antesup.com)

Hotel Directions:

From the south take the Julianstown/Drogheda south exit off the M1 and follow the Dublin road to Drogheda, as you enter the town the Boyne Valley Hotel is on your right. If you reach the Black Bull pub you have gone too far!

From the North take the Slane exit off the M1 and drive straight through Drogheda following the signs for Dublin. As you leave the town you will see the Boyne Valley Hotel on the left just past the Black Bull pub.

Boyne Valley Telephone number is 041 9837737.

It is great value for money and they have 90+ on average. They have cash games running €2 €5 limit and €1 €2 No Limit games and STT's for people who are knocked out. Good mix of players.

Well worth a trip. I thoroughly enjoy the tournaments and they are run very well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭White Knight

Pokerstars have introduced 30 minute blind games in the last couple days. They are infrequent and of differing stakes. I see that tournaments posted on the site currently are $7.70, $8.80 and $22 games 2,500 starting stack and 30 minute blinds!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭Hitman Actual

Thanks for the replies lads, plenty for me to be going on there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

An internet tourney with 30min blinds sounds very interesting, especially considering they arent all high level entry tourneys, id almost be inclined to stick some money into pstars to try these out.

cheers White knight

• Registered Users Posts: 11,275 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

the pokerstars deep stacked tournaments are the best online tourneys by a mile
    5000 STARTING STACK AND 30 MIN LEVELS, UNREAL

schedule is

Day Time Game Buy-In+Fee FPPs awarded Comments
    Monday 6:15pm No Limit Hold'em $30+$3 15 5,000 chips, 30 minute blinds

Tuesday 2:30am Pot Limit Hold'em $30+$3 15 5,000 chips, 30 minute blinds

Tuesday 6:15pm Pot Limit Omaha $20+$2 10 5,000 chips, 30 minute blinds

Wednesday 6:15pm No Limit Hold'em $20+$2 10 5,000 chips, 30 minute blinds

Thursday 2:30am Pot Limit Omaha $30+$3 15 5,000 chips, 30 minute blinds

Thursday 6:15pm Limit Omaha Hi/Lo $20+$2 10 5,000 chips, 30 minute blinds

Friday 6:15pm Limit Hold'em $20+$2 10 5,000 chips, 30 minute blinds

Saturday 2:30am No Limit Hold'em $30+$3 15 5,000 chips, 30 minute blinds
    Saturday 12:00pm No Limit Hold'em $10+$1 5 5,000 chips, 30 minute blinds
    Saturday 6:15pm No Limit Hold'em $30+$3 15 5,000 chips, 30 minute blinds

Saturday 7:15pm No Limit Hold'em $100+$9 45 5,000 chips, 30 minute blinds

Sunday 12:00pm No Limit Hold'em $10+$1 5 5,000 chips, 30 minute blinds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

just a suggestion: these tourny's should really be added to the sticky, especially the online ones, i've never heard of 30min blinds online!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭White Knight

yeah deepstacks are great tourneys alright but you really have to be set for a marathon session if you are playing one. Circa 12 hours with the 5000 starting stack :eek:

I have not tried the 2500 starting stack ones yet but they sound ideal for a decent game and i have a felling there are just testing them out currently so I would expect to see the bigger buy ins around the weekend time.

Advertisement